Bundy is Broken

weams

Gausman pitched great last night and I suspect Bundy would do the exact same thing in a new environment.  I think he is just much worse on the Orioles than he would be on a contending team because it has become completely acceptable to stink and underachieve on this team.  Another team and manager might actually hold him accountable to be better and I think that would help him dramatically. 

I am not buying the injury excuse.....there is no way he should be this bad.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, JR Oriole said:

Gausman pitched great last night and I suspect Bundy would do the exact same thing in a new environment.  I think he is just much worse on the Orioles than he would be on a contending team because it has become completely acceptable to stink and underachieve on this team.  Another team and manager might actually hold him accountable to be better and I think that would help him dramatically. 

My judgment is that Bundy is extremely competitive and mentally strong, and that the fact that he’s on a losing team has no impact on his pitching.    

9 minutes ago, JR Oriole said:

Don't buy this. I'm going with injury related.

7 minutes ago, Frobby said:

My judgment is that Bundy is extremely competitive and mentally strong, and that the fact that he’s on a losing team has no impact on his pitching.    

I would like to think so, but I also think that work environment does impact work performance to some extent.  It is human nature and although it might be more obvious in office type environments, I think even in sports it can happen. 

And if he is injured, then he should not be pitching anymore.....period.   I assume if he is out there he is healthy and can pitch....a very reasonable assumption for a terrible team that has nothing to gain in a lost season by throwing an injured man out on the mound.

22 minutes ago, JR Oriole said:

I would like to think so, but I also think that work environment does impact work performance to some extent.  It is human nature and although it might be more obvious in office type environments, I think even in sports it can happen. 

And if he is injured, then he should not be pitching anymore.....period.   I assume if he is out there he is healthy and can pitch....a very reasonable assumption for a terrible team that has nothing to gain in a lost season by throwing an injured man out on the mound.

I don’t think he’s injured.   But I do think he has stamina issues as a season progresses.   I’m not sure he’s built to make 32-33 starts a year.

31 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I don’t think he’s injured.   But I do think he has stamina issues as a season progresses.   I’m not sure he’s built to make 32-33 starts a year.

This also may be an unfortunate possibility. If you watch the games from April and May (outside the couple in May dealing with the groin), the command is better and the stuff is much more crisp. He looks dominate. Lately, it hasn't been the same.  He also sweats like no one I've ever seen. Maybe he's not for the hot weather.

43 minutes ago, Frobby said:

This has always surprised me because I remember when he was in the minors people would rave about his workout routine. Simplistic thinking of mine, but I figured he’d a work horse. 

3 minutes ago, Grt 2BA FL Gator said:

This has always surprised me because I remember when he was in the minors people would rave about his workout routine. Simplistic thinking of mine, but I figured he’d a work horse. 

It’s not his work ethic, just what his body will and won’t do after several injuries.   

3 hours ago, amdcpus said:

I think that's the most likely reason.

He’s striking out 9.4 batters per nine innings. They should inject calcium in most of the Orioles pitchers’ shoulders. Bundy is not toast. He may have a nagging injury hampering control, but he’s still a talented pitcher with great potential. He’s never going to be pre-surgery Bundy, but he’s still very talented, very capable. 

Archived