Tuesday's (7/31/18) Trade Deadline

Greg Pappas

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, keithstone said:

I haven't seen anything official and don't have a source, but I think there's a strong chance the Brewers are finalizing a deal for Gausman. Simply connecting the dots, it would make a ton of sense.

Rotoworld just mentioned them as well, but highlighted the Mike Moustakas acquisition as being a potential blocker

1 minute ago, FastEddie said:

Rotoworld just mentioned them as well, but highlighted the Mike Moustakas acquisition as being a potential blocker

That probably blocks Schoop, but not Gausman. Just because both are being reported as on the brink of being dealt, doesn't mean they are being packaged.

2 minutes ago, keithstone said:

That probably blocks Schoop, but not Gausman. Just because both are being reported as on the brink of being dealt, doesn't mean they are being packaged.

Exactly. I assumed that at this point, they would both be going in separate places if they were dealt. 

Just now, jerios55 said:

I mean, I would too.  But I'd get over it if the haul is right.

But no Manny, Schoop, Britton, Gausman, even Tillman.  It's still sad.

Well, I like ribbing @atomic whenever I can.  even though he's got me on ignore I know he still looks at my responses to him because he can't help himself.

Slightly sad but we'll learn to love these new guys just like we did with the old ones.  We root for laundry.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Some aggressive trading could really accelerate the rebuild.

It could. I don't know if I believe the hype here, though. 

Been reported numerous places that they would have to be "overwhelmed" to deal guys with time left on their deals. 

It would signal legitimate change in philosophy, that's for sure. I'll believe it when it's "official."

Archived