Carroll to be called up Tuesday?

MurphDogg

27 minutes ago, esmd said:

Sort of germane to the topic, but I wonder what role he'll have?  I highly doubt Buck would pitch him in the 8th or 9th innings of a close game, at least at first.  My guess would be a middle innings role.  I would assume Givens is now the closer?  As for the setup guys, I guess maybe Castro and either Wright or Scott?  With Britton and Brach gone, there's quite a bit to sort out.

We might find out he was indeed talking about Mike Wright when discussing future closers?

28 minutes ago, esmd said:

Sort of germane to the topic, but I wonder what role he'll have?  I highly doubt Buck would pitch him in the 8th or 9th innings of a close game, at least at first.  My guess would be a middle innings role.  I would assume Givens is now the closer?  As for the setup guys, I guess maybe Castro and either Wright or Scott?  With Britton and Brach gone, there's quite a bit to sort out.

Tom Davis hypothesized that Mike Wright is Buck's surprise candidate to close.  

16 minutes ago, Diehard_O's_Fan said:

Has Carroll been in Norfolk for ten days already? I didn't think that he had.

I'm not sure why that would matter. The ten day rule is for players optioned off of the MLB club. Carroll is not on the 40-man roster, so he wasn't optioned to AAA. Obviously he will have to be added to the 40 man roster now, but there is plenty of room.

Archived