Dan says "tear it completely down"

wildcard

4 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

I think with the massive salary dump in process, we need to non-tender Beckham. There is really no reason to pay him the next couple seasons.

I mean, I agree with these sentiments, but someone has to play these games and I don't want to rush prospects.  Who's playing SS?  I can live with the Pederson and Nunez types but I don't mind giving Beckham a few bucks to play next year either.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Ripken said:

I mean, I agree with these sentiments, but someone has to play these games and I don't want to rush prospects.  Who's playing SS?  I can live with the Pederson and Nunez types but I don't mind giving Beckham a few bucks to play next year either.

Villar

3 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

OK with me, but there are some differences in the rules. Please be sure to check them out.

I dunno.  Everyone has to play, rotate positions, pitch counts, and limit runs per inning to 5.  Sounds like a rebuild to me.

3 minutes ago, Ripken said:

I dunno.  Everyone has to play, rotate positions, pitch counts, and limit runs per inning to 5.  Sounds like a rebuild to me.

True. But if you tell your base runners that have to say on the base, it will hurt the running game and cut down on our stolen bases. Of course, there won't be that many baserunners.

And no mercy rule, though it might be a good idea.

2 minutes ago, maybenxtyr said:

I blame AJ. He should have accepted a trade, then DD would not have had to prove a point. I'm joking...

I do think AJ made a mistake. It's gonna get ugly these last two months. I don't see losing game after game with his buddies Trumbo and Davis to be a positive experience. I just feel bad for him more than anything.

8 minutes ago, maybenxtyr said:

I blame AJ. He should have accepted a trade, then DD would not have had to prove a point. I'm joking...

He did indeed have a ticket for that train out of town (to Philly). But he has to live with it now. But if it’s reasons other than baseball as he said, it should not sting too much for him. 

Archived