Dan says "tear it completely down"

wildcard

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Decided to finally check out the O's tonight post trades. Thought I was in the Major League movie as I muttered "who the hell is that guy" over and over. This process is going to remind me of work. Learning many new names just to never see them again in a month. 

1 hour ago, wildcard said:

Dan was on the game broadcast tonight and said they decided to do what the Cubs, Astros, and Phillies have done and tear it completely down.  Ask why Gausman with years left on this contract he said if the player is not going to be there when the tear in good again its time to trade them.  

Sounds like losing 100 games for at least 3 more years.   

Its makes me wonder why the O's would pay Buck 3.5m per year to lose 100 games.  They can find cheaper managers to do that.

Took notes on the DVR during the beginning of the interview, Here is the beginning:

Thorne to Duquette: ..("technical difficulties" - with some back and forth joking about availability to talk)…Dan are you with us? ....deadline going by...a lot of transactions...how do you feel about what is happening?

Duquette: ...well. obviously it is tough to trade the good players - the core players. Schoop and Gausman… Darren O’day did a great job over the course of his career. But, I like it when it’s rebuilding your house. Sometimes it’s a lot easier to tear down your house and build it up from the ground up -  build a good foundation....rather than renovating things one room at a time. That’s basically what we decided to do, when we decided to rebuild, to build strong..in the direction of younger ball players and try and get the team back as quickly as we can to be competitive.

Palmer and Thorne asked good pointed questions...will add more, if not provided tomorrow. Seems to me that Gausman is not in the competitive window (per the remainder of discussion) and it's better now to clean house. There is a reason why the Yankee's have vamped up their international pool ($3M almost $4M)...so let us see how this plays out!

Archived