What’s happened to Miguel Castro?

Frobby

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Didn't they do that with him at some point?

I know he changed his delivery to where he lifted his arms over hos head. I guess it's really not fair of me to judge Gausman. He has always been a second half pitcher anyhow. 

4 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Didn't they do that with him at some point?

While reading the other thread, I was thinking that if I ever woke up and found myself a MLB pitching coach one day, the only thing I could muster in way of advice would be: try only pitching from the stretch, and  try standing on the other side of the rubber.....maybe also: try ditching a random pitch (not the obviously good one) ?

1 hour ago, Dark Helmet said:

Gausman is 3-1 with an ERA of 2. They have him pitching solely from the stretch I read. How come Orioles pitching coaches can't see these things?

Gausman has had stretches like this many times as an Oriole but he can’t seem to keep it for a long stretch.  Just this year he has a 4 game stretch he went 8 innings 5 baserunners 2 runs, 6 inning 7 baserunners 1 run, 9 innings 4 baserunners 0 runs, 7.3 innings 11 baserunners 2 runs.  He also has not been facing great offensive teams either, Mets, Marlins, brewers and pirates.

8 hours ago, bpilktree67 said:

Gausman has had stretches like this many times as an Oriole but he can’t seem to keep it for a long stretch.  Just this year he has a 4 game stretch he went 8 innings 5 baserunners 2 runs, 6 inning 7 baserunners 1 run, 9 innings 4 baserunners 0 runs, 7.3 innings 11 baserunners 2 runs.  He also has not been facing great offensive teams either, Mets, Marlins, brewers and pirates.

He might be great forever on. He certainly has the pedigree. But at least that O'Day deal is done with. 

9 hours ago, Chavez Ravine said:

While reading the other thread, I was thinking that if I ever woke up and found myself a MLB pitching coach one day, the only thing I could muster in way of advice would be: try only pitching from the stretch, and  try standing on the other side of the rubber.....maybe also: try ditching a random pitch (not the obviously good one) ?

Lengthen your stride. 

12 hours ago, 24fps said:

Maybe the problems aren't fully addressed before they reach Baltimore.

I think this is where it is valuable to spend time in AAA, but the team has to also help you identify and correct the problem ?

Archived