Who are your Oriole Award Winners? (Nominations)

Legend_Of_Joey

MVO: Manny (if they have to be on the team than I will go Jones)

LVO: Chris Davis

Most Disappointing: Trey Mancini

ROTY: Mullins

Best Play: Whatever the last out was from yesterday's game (tried to think of a stand out from the games I watched, nothing came to mind)

MVO- Manny Machado (with all due respect to Jones, Machado was absolutely on fire for us in the first half. His .967 OPS was about 100 points higher than any of his previous seasons. Spectacular.)

LVO- Davis

Biggest Disappointment- The Rotation. (Bundy of course, but I expected more from Cobb, Cashner, and Gausman too. Freaking Gausman had a 4.37 ERA for us this year and then a 2.87 ERA in Atlanta. I also was hoping Miguel Castro would evolve into a starter.)

Biggest Surprise- The Orioles stole 81 bases! (For context, we stole just 19 all year in 2016. We’ve regularly been dead last in this category. This year the team ranked 12th in MLB. I love Villar.)

Best Play- I dunno. Give me Manny and Schoop turning a double play for old times sake. 

Rookie of the Year- Nunez (Does he count?) If not, I’ll take DJ Stewart. He racked up a .5 WAR in 40 at bats. Big boy can hit.

MVO - Manny.   He produced more in 3.5 months than anyone else did over a full season, plus he returned us some talent that could help the team for years to come.

LVO - Do we even need to ask?   Davis.

Biggest disappointment - for me, it’s Bundy.    I fully expected him to be an above average pitcher this year, and the fact that he wasn’t was a bad sign for the future of this team.

Biggest surprise - I assume this means pleasant surprise.    Slim pickings, but I’ll say Paul Fry.   I hadn’t expected him to be anything more than a replacement level pitcher.   

Best play - I’ll go with Mychal Givens’ sliding tag where he blocked home with his leg while Caleb Joseph made a perfect throw after hustling after a wild pitch.    Amazing play by both of them.

Rookie of the year - too bad Renato Núñez isn’t eligible by a narrow margin.   I’d choose David Hess, who got better as the year progressed and had the highest rWAR of any rookie.

5 hours ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

End of the season is here! As custom...Let's give out some awards!

Categories are:

Most Valuable Oriole, Least Valuable Oriole, Biggest Surprise, Most Disappointing, Rookie of the Year, and finally, Best Play of the Year!

Make your nominations below and we will vote in a week!

I don't want to pile on Davis anymore but he has to be the least valuable. Mullins as rookie of the year. Sorry but that's all I got. 

5 hours ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

End of the season is here! As custom...Let's give out some awards!

Categories are:

Most Valuable Oriole, Least Valuable Oriole, Biggest Surprise, Most Disappointing, Rookie of the Year, and finally, Best Play of the Year!

Make your nominations below and we will vote in a week!

Most Valuable Oriole - Manny, he produced the most, plus he returned players who could help. 

Least Valuable Oriole - I suggest this be named more appropriately and go to the namesake...henceforth this award shall be known as the Chris Davis award. 

Biggest Surprise - Chris Davis, not piling on, but I did not envision this. 

Most Disappointing - I just want to say that this is the toughest award  Bundy deserves consideration, Tillman obviously, Cobb, Cashner and Gausman were all disappointing too  But the most competitive award of the season goes to... Chris Davis  

Rookie of the Year - This tough too but I’d lean towards Villar but as he is only an Oriole rookie, if he is ineligible, Can we say Núñez?

Best play of the year - Sending Jones onto field for game 162 alone.

20 minutes ago, foxfield said:

Most Valuable Oriole - Manny, he produced the most, plus he returned players who could help. 

Least Valuable Oriole - I suggest this be named more appropriately and go to the namesake...henceforth this award shall be known as the Chris Davis award. 

Biggest Surprise - Chris Davis, not piling on, but I did not envision this. 

Most Disappointing - I just want to say that this is the toughest award  Bundy deserves consideration, Tillman obviously, Cobb, Cashner and Gausman were all disappointing too  But the most competitive award of the season goes to... Chris Davis  

Rookie of the Year - This tough too but I’d lean towards Villar but as he is only an Oriole rookie, if he is ineligible, Can we say Núñez?

Best play of the year - Sending Jones onto field for game 162 alone.

Maybe we when a player strikes out 4 times a game we can call it Davising.

MVO - Manny.  AJ for full-season.

LVO - Davis is so far in front he's in a category all by himself.

Biggest Surprise - The first half of the season, excepting Manny.  It never was going to be a great team, but as a whole it played so far below its cumulative talent level that there is no complete explanation that makes sense to me.

Biggest Non-surprise - Colby Rasmus.  Ain't that just like a redneck dbag anyway?

Biggest disappointment - Bundy. 

ROY.  Beats the heck out of me.  Nunez is closest I guess.  I like what I see so far from Stewart, but too small a sample size.

Archived