The Victor Victor Mesa/Sandy Gaston thread

Luke-OH

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Whammer said:

I really think the O's, with the $6.7M, hold all the cards in this situation. They could offer the whole load to VVM or split it between Jr. and Gaston or trade it for a prospect. If they somehow blow this and walk away empty-handed, I swear I will storm the warehouse with pitchforks and torches.  

It’s believed the Mesa brothers are a package deal.

7 minutes ago, stef said:

The Nationals announced that they have acquired reliever Kyle Barraclough in a trade with the Marlins. International slot money will head to Miami.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/

So where are all those people who were telling me that trading the 750K in slots away wasn't a big deal since they still had more money than everyone else?

4 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

It’s believed the Mesa brothers are a package deal.

Baltimore isn’t getting them lol. I wouldn’t come to Baltimore either. AJ gets criticized and called racist names for defending black civilians against police brutality? Not exactly the fan base I would want to play for either. Give me Miami.

Plus, we have no GM and Brady out there in an undefined role: hope the org is sold and they start from scratch.

8 minutes ago, stef said:

So, is one scenario that Miami makes enough trades for international bonus allocation that it approaches or surpasses the Os amount? What if Miami's final trade—the one that puts them over the top—is with Philadelphia?

I'll laugh.

What else can you do?

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

So where are all those people who were telling me that trading the 750K in slots away wasn't a big deal since they still had more money than everyone else?

Don't ask me. I sure wasn't one of them.

Just now, Rene88 said:

Baltimore isn’t getting them lol. I wouldn’t come to Baltimore either. AJ gets criticized and called racist names for defending black civilians against police brutality? Not exactly the fan base I would want to play for either. Give me Miami.

Plus, we have no GM and Brady out there in an undefined role: hope the org is sold and they start from scratch.

Do you read the internet?

There was an issue in Cleveland with Houston players and the fans.

You know, there are assholes, everywhere.

Just now, stef said:

Don't ask me. I sure wasn't one of them.

I'll be honest, a lot of things the Orioles do bother me since I don't think they are making optimal choices.

Only one maybe two a year really set me off.

Stuff like the Hobgood pick and trading for Parra.

The 750K in slots was one of those situations.  It just made no sense at any level.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'll be honest, a lot of things the Orioles do bother me since I don't think they are making optimal choices.

Only one maybe two a year really set me off.

Stuff like the Hobgood pick and trading for Parra.

The 750K in slots was one of those situations.  It just made no sense at any level.

I  agree and could probably add a few others.

Archived