The Victor Victor Mesa/Sandy Gaston thread

Luke-OH

2 minutes ago, joelala said:

I would be so pumped if we jumped in and grabbed him.  Great name and real quick bat.  Thanks for posting Luke.  Fingers crossed!

Something like this could actually generate some fan interest in the team.  If this guy is the real deal, 5M is nothing.  It might not even take that much to get him if other teams don't have the money this year to go after him.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, clapdiddy said:

Something like this could actually generate some fan interest in the team.  If this guy is the real deal, 5M is nothing.  It might not even take that much to get him if other teams don't have the money this year to go after him.

It would be so awesome.  And I would imagine since he's older and has a lot of experience in pro ball in Cuba, he could potentially move through the system pretty fast.  And yea, 5M seems like a great deal.

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

But any team can go after this guy, right? I mean it looks like it could be teed up perfectly for the Orioles, but I don't trust this organization to do anything correct.  

I agree with you.

6 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

He's so good you gotta say his name twice.

Dude has a fast bat.  

Agreed, he lets that ball get deep before he fires those hands.  Good tell tale sign of the core strength needed to hit well in the MLB

17 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Good explanation.

I'd still like someone to ask at fan fest next year to DD, Brady, whoever's there...why no Latin American signings.  

I'm fine with not negotiating with the NPB and KBO, I think the posting fee for someone like Ohtani is ridiculous.  But not to be signing talent in South America is just stupid.

DD has qlready said it is an ownership decision.

Archived