When will the Orioles Announce hirings?

Bahama O's Fan

14 minutes ago, Tx Oriole said:

But yesterday I read had Brady and Graham and someone else being retained while DD and Buck won't be coming back.  

Its easy to take it that way, and admittedly the first read...I did too.  But that is not what it says at all. Basically, it says that those guys currently remain under contract while the Orioles look for someone from outside the organization to run it.  That person once hired will have full authority and that includes the ultimate positions of those still under contract.

That doesn't mean they won't be retained....but, that is not what yesterdays announcement meant.  

On a semi related note, I would have given an awful lot for the chance to hear whatever conversation went down with DD yesterday.

5 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

To include termination?

Sounds as if they have that possibility....

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, TonySoprano said:

If you want any of the VPs/SVPs to make a move, it can't be a lateral move, but one with a title of President of Baseball Operations. Andy Sweater Vest is the only one in team history under Angelos.  

They keep referring to the open position being filled outside the current organization as "Executive." 

Just now, wildcard said:

Surprised you even mentioned his name in connection with the O's.

All I'm saying is, if it were me, I would give the guy a call and say "I'm really sorry my dad was an a-hole to you and if you say no to this I understand, but I'd love to talk to you about baseball for 30 minutes, name the time and place." If he hangs up the phone, okay.

6 minutes ago, foxfield said:

l. Basically, it says that those guys currently remain under contract while the Orioles look for someone from outside the organization to run it.  That person once hired will have full authority and that includes the ultimate positions of those still under contract.

That doesn't mean they won't be retained....but, that is not what yesterdays announcement meant.  

On a semi related note, I would have given an awful lot for the chance to hear whatever conversation went down with DD yesterday.

Sounds as if they have that possibility....

That is exactly what the statement said. 

Also, those people are not on extended contracts. Theirs may well be over Oct 31. 

Just now, weams said:

That is exactly what the statement said. 

Also, those people are not on extended contracts. Theirs may well be over Oct 31. 

Buck and Dan were too.(under contract through Oct 31.) They were both relieved of all duties yesterday and paid out. 

Archived