When will the Orioles Announce hirings?

Bahama O's Fan

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A few notes from Keith Law's Q&A about the Orioles:

Q: Jomar Reyes had a good finish to 2018.  Still a rising prospect for O’s?

A: No, that ship has probably sailed

Q: Keith, where do the Orioles go next?

A: I'm very curious to see where they go; I thought Showalter had to go, but Duquette had to do that job with one hand tied behind his back, and there was a credible argument that he should stick around to get to fully execute his vision with a manager of his choice who wouldn't work at cross purposes to his own. I can certainly think of a few names of GM candidates who'd be great fits.

Q: Does Ryan Mountcastle have enough of an arm to stay at 3B?  Does Grenier have enough of a bat to be a regular SS?

A: Probably not, probably yes, in that order.

Q:  Does Brady Anderson's continued presence hinder the Os from getting a good GM candidate to consider taking the job?

A: One of the questions any candidate should ask in the interview is whether Anderson will report to the new GM or to ownership. The only acceptable answer is the former. The latter is a dealbreaker

12 minutes ago, TGO said:

None of the people on the list above is a GM currently, regardless of their VP/SVP title. If you were offering Duquette's EVP title and the GM responsibilities I think you'd at least have their attention.

I think we end up with a President anyway. I would certainly interview Bloom for that role.

All depends on how much free reign they actually have. And $$$ of course.

1 minute ago, dabirds said:

Not sure I understand the love for Cherrington.  He did an absolutely horrible job in Boston.  I want no part of him.

I wasn’t expressing an opinion on him. I was just saying I think he will be one of the people that is considered. I also wouldn’t be surprised if he was ultimately hired. 

4 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

My preference would be a young up and coming guy who is working under a winning organization. The bigger question here though is, who is going to do the interviewing? Who makes the final decision? 

I think Brady will do that. Unfortunately.

“The club will hire an executive from outside of the organization to lead the Baseball Operations department. Once in place, this individual will have the final determination on all baseball matters that he or she believes will make the Orioles successful on the field, entertaining to fans, and impactful in the community.”

from Roch.....certainly good news

Archived