Orioles select SS Richie Martin with 1st pick of Rule 5 Draft

weams

5 hours ago, Yachtsman said:

I just reviewed this thread, and just.....wow. Martin was not ready for this assignment, but here it is. He is probably sticking this year and playing at AAA next year, but there is no reason for anyone to be this cruel. Comparing a professional baseball player to a stuffed animal? Outrageous. I give him the benefit of the fact he is working his tail off and learning on the fly. At least respect that.

I think he was trying...trying to be funny and clever.  

I think if you've been posting here for any amount of time, you probably have posts you'd look back on and cringe at.  Except if you're @Frobby. :)   Everyone's said some stuff they regret and probably looks bad in hindsight.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I think he was trying...trying to be funny and clever.  

I think if you've been posting here for any amount of time, you probably have posts you'd look back on and cringe at.  Except if you're @Frobby. :)   Everyone's said some stuff they regret and probably looks bad in hindsight.

Very good points. Thanks for being the voice of reason. 

19 minutes ago, Jammer7 said:

So much for the below-average defense commentary ........ it has been inconsistent at times, but Richie has skills. 

o

I think that the late Mark Belanger would have loved to have seen this. 

o

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jammer7 said:

Funny that he robbed Tim Beckham. Beckham could never make that play. 

It's a real nice play but never?  I'm guessing at some point in his career Beckham has made a comparable play.

Folks are acting like this belongs on an all time list of great plays instead of sportcenter.

5 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

It's a real nice play but never?  I'm guessing at some point in his career Beckham has made a comparable play.

Folks are acting like this belongs on an all time list of great plays instead of sportcenter.

Come on Corn, that’s a fantastic play. Not the greatest play of all time, no, but that is special.That’s a dynamic play and he threw out a fast runner. JJ, Bordy, Cal, Miguel Tejada, and Beckham never made that type of play in an Oriole uniform. All but Beckham were steady yet unspectacular defenders. None of them had the athletic ability to make that play, in my opinion. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

This was probably a little bit easier because it doesn’t appear to be hit as hard and V-Mart was a much slower runner, but it’s close.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sydnor said:

This was probably a little bit easier because it doesn’t appear to be hit as hard and V-Mart was a much slower runner, but it’s close.

That was a nice play. VMart is/was extremely slow, but it’s nice. Not hit as hard and the dive was not quite the same, but nice play.