You're next

weams

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, scOtt said:

That's wildly unrealistic. A team couldn't do a rebuild then. And like Weams posted, TV money is not shared in MLB like the NFL. A lot of teams couldn't support/afford  $100M. Texas for example has a CRAZY huge TV deal. We have MASN which is only viable because we have two ML teams to broadcast.

Who says a team had to do a re-build.  Yankees, A's and Red Sox didn't do rebuilds after terrible seasons and came back to being playoff teams. 

Just now, atomic said:

Who says a team had to do a re-build.  Yankees, A's and Red Sox didn't do rebuilds after terrible seasons and came back to being playoff teams. 

NY and BOS have $250M payrolls. They don't have to do a full rebuilds.

A's are a special case and a point in your favor.

7 minutes ago, scOtt said:

NY and BOS have $250M payrolls. They don't have to do a full rebuilds.

A's are a special case and a point in your favor.

Yeah but if you have a Salary cap low enough you could do more profit sharing and then the floor would be higher. I mean someone still has to finish in last place.  I don't desire to see another 47 win team this year. I think the re-build is sort of a cop out when you have been terribly managed.  I would like the team to try and  improve.  I get no enjoyment out of a plan to put out a AAA team using the excuse of rebuilding.  

Maybe a lottery system for draft picks is in order if teams are going to purposely be awful.  No one's plan should be to win 50 games in a season. 

7 minutes ago, atomic said:

I think Jake should be happy.  When he was making the small bucks he wasn't even earning them. He only performed well the last 5 seasons and he is going to make over 100 million dollars in his career.  

Oh I agree completely.  But I'm so used to hearing Jake complain that this is nothing new.  

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'd hit the below floor owner with a 3X penalty and give it to the player's union.

Above cap I'd hit 'em in the draft and international market.

3X the penalty and give it to the players union with the stipulation that it is used for the players that never made the big $$$.

In baseball, the draft is not an immediate penalty.  Allowing anyone not on the Forty and are Rule 5 eligible to become a MiLB Free Agent would be a better penalty.

1 minute ago, thezeroes said:

3X the penalty and give it to the players union with the stipulation that it is used for the players that never made the big $$$.

In baseball, the draft is not an immediate penalty.  Allowing anyone not on the Forty and are Rule 5 eligible to become a MiLB Free Agent would be a better penalty.

I don't think an immediate penalty is needed.

Archived