Doug Brocail is the Pitching Coach

interloper

Per Dan Connolly tweet. 

I'm not really sure what this guy brings to the table other than being a warm body for a year. Rangers fans really, really dislike him. He went from Astros pitching coach to special assistant prior to Texas, though, so perhaps he has some familiarity with *the whole Elias deal*. 

Personally, it's a meh from me.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Diehard_O's_Fan said:

Who cares what Ranger fans think. Brandon and Mike know what they are doing.

Sure. But I think they also know all the good pitching coaches are scooped up at this point and they need a guy. Brocail is definitely a guy! I don't think he's going to be any kind of guru, or a guy Elias installs with a twinkle in his eye, like he knows something the rest of baseball doesn't.

Do not fool yourself that every coach and hire is going to be without fault just because Elias makes it. Everyone gets fired eventually. I doubt Doug Brocail is the ideal guy. That said if he gets on board with the whole deal, great. We're gonna suck anyway!

28 minutes ago, interloper said:

Per Dan Connolly tweet. 

I'm not really sure what this guy brings to the table other than being a warm body for a year. Rangers fans really, really dislike him. He went from Astros pitching coach to special assistant prior to Texas, though, so perhaps he has some familiarity with *the whole Elias deal*. 

Personally, it's a meh from me.

Not really sure how you can form an opinion of a pitching coach based on how little the Rangers fans liked him.  

1 minute ago, weams said:

We hated Rick Kranitz when he was here too.  And Dave Wallace.

We hate every pitching coach unless they're turning our guys into the '71 Orioles.  Or take some pitcher with AAAA stuff and make them an all-star.  Because that's what a good pitching coach does, turns a turd into a filet.

Our pitching is likely to be bad for awhile.  Guess Bundy will be the guinea pig.  If we can fix him, I'll have a lot of faith in Elias and the rest of the staff moving forward.  If he can't..........not that that reflects horribly on him, but it means we need to wait and see more I guess.

Archived