Roch: Caleb will not be back, "guaranteed"

interloper

55 minutes ago, Frobby said:

How was locking  up Caleb ever part of a “going for it” strategy?

54 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Still.

No reason to go multi year on a player like Caleb.

Sorry guys...it was a joke.  Didn't think that needed an emoji.  No MLB team should have considered a multi year deal for Caleb.  And I like the guy....

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I liked Caleb too but one of the last guys you should have been looking to extend and that would be the case even if we were contenders. It's tough because I know management does know these guys on a personal level and I know it's gotta be tough for a guy like Caleb to know he may have to move his family but it's the nature of the business unfortunately. 

1 hour ago, Redskins Rick said:

Remember Peter was back micromanaging the front office at that time.

Thankfully, the boys are here, and they is a new game plan in place.

I don’t think Peter would have been the one advocating for a multi-year contract for a marginal catcher.    

14 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I don’t think Peter would have been the one advocating for a multi-year contract for a marginal catcher.    

I would hope not, but it does appear that DD hands was tied, he couldnt even get approval to bring back Flaherty in his normal backup utility role. Not that his hire would have made a difference, its not something that a typical GM has to get formal approval on.

It was truly a dysfunctional organization until the ASB and the boys took over and started making decisions.

2 hours ago, foxfield said:

Sorry guys...it was a joke.  Didn't think that needed an emoji.  No MLB team should have considered a multi year deal for Caleb.  And I like the guy....

Agreed, but what a 3 year deal for less than 10 million total, is not going to move the bar too much. Not like you are talking Davis money.

Archived