Chris Davis 2019 and beyond

Camden_yardbird

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Could be the beginning of the end.  I think that's what we're all probably hoping for.

Probably not, though.  

It will be interesting to see if that little hot streak bought him any extra time or if he's still on the team by the end of the season.

The end began years ago.

This might be the beginning of the end of the end, if we are lucky.

It could also be the beginning of the middle of the end, which would be less good.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Could be the beginning of the end.  I think that's what we're all probably hoping for.

Probably not, though.  

It will be interesting to see if that little hot streak bought him any extra time or if he's still on the team by the end of the season.

I guess all those articles about Davis being the O's all-star were a bit premature. ?

3 hours ago, Natty said:

It's a crying shame that Davis and Trumbo have been relegated to "excess baggage". And at what a cost...

Those are criminally negligent signings in retrospect. And they let Cruz and Miller walk for that. Small-market teams like the Orioles cannot afford these kinds of shenanigans. 

Just now, Uli2001 said:

Those are criminally negligent signings in retrospect. And they let Cruz and Miller walk for that. Small-market teams like the Orioles cannot afford these kinds of shenanigans. 

I say "in retrospect" but nearly 99% of everyone in baseball knew the Davis signing was bad at the time. Perhaps a smaller percentage knew it would be this bad.