Chris Davis 2019 and beyond

Camden_yardbird

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You have to go back to 2014 when Davis put up a 1.200 OPS in 37 AB's as the last time he had a good spring. But most other years are in the .750 range. Last years OPS was 770. It shouldnt take longer than April to determine was production they'll get from him. 

6 minutes ago, jabba72 said:

You have to go back to 2014 when Davis put up a 1.200 OPS in 37 AB's as the last time he had a good spring. But most other years are in the .750 range. Last years OPS was 770. It shouldnt take longer than April to determine was production they'll get from him. 

I think a good spring would mean very little, but a bad one could speak volumes.    

1 minute ago, Bmorebirds24 said:

2 AB 

2K’s 

Were they looking? Did the pitcher make a good pitch? Bad balls and strikes umpire? 

Oh why bother just release the guy now please. 

But didn't you hear Davis made a lot of changes this off season?  Or got better at lying. ?

After Making 'A Lot Of Changes,' Orioles' Chris Davis Aims To Turn Page On 2018

"And I had a lot of work to do, so there wasn't a whole lot of time for me to sit back and feel sorry for myself. I wanted to explore a lot of options as far as my offense was concerned, my nutrition and training. I felt like the clock was ticking."

1 minute ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

But didn't you hear Davis made a lot of changes this off season?  Or got better at lying. ?

After Making 'A Lot Of Changes,' Orioles' Chris Davis Aims To Turn Page On 2018

A buddy of mine had said he text 105.7 the fan about them criticizing him for not showing up early to Camp. Any idea if this is true? I really think Davis has issues upstairs more so than working on his craft. Maybe he is just lazy and don’t care. 

1 minute ago, Bmorebirds24 said:

A buddy of mine had said he text 105.7 the fan about them criticizing him for not showing up early to Camp. Any idea if this is true? I really think Davis has issues upstairs more so than working on his craft. Maybe he is just lazy and don’t care. 

They were very critical that he didn't show up several days early with the Ps&C's like some other guys did.  Especially Vinnie.

He finally showed up a day early.  He said he had been in Sarasota for a week but had been sick so he hadn't come to the facility.

I believe I heard that Hyde said he had not known that Davis was in town before he showed up.

Archived