Austin Hays

LAOSfan

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, FlipTheBird said:

I just don't see the sense in putting him on the OD roster. He's coming off an injury plagued mess of a year. Give him at least a couple months down on the farm to get back into a full rhythm.

I thought initially he would go back AA, maybe AAA. But, he has been selective with seemingly much better recognition, and he has shown a more mature approach at the plate. These were the main things he seemed to need to work on, so if he has them in his back pocket, is there still a need to send him down? Look, I can see it go either way, especially if you look to save a year of control on him. But, it’s early, so we’ll see.

1 hour ago, Jammer7 said:

I thought initially he would go back AA, maybe AAA. But, he has been selective with seemingly much better recognition, and he has shown a more mature approach at the plate. These were the main things he seemed to need to work on, so if he has them in his back pocket, is there still a need to send him down? Look, I can see it go either way, especially if you look to save a year of control on him. But, it’s early, so we’ll see.

I'd be really surprise if Hays or Diaz make the OD roster. 

Keeping two rule V SS and an additional utility infielder or two is going to hamstrung us from giving these kind of players a chance early in the season. 

8 hours ago, ChuckS said:

I'd be really surprise if Hays or Diaz make the OD roster. 

Keeping two rule V SS and an additional utility infielder or two is going to hamstrung us from giving these kind of players a chance early in the season. 

I agree, but if Hyde thinks he’s ready at the end of Spring? And it isn’t like we have anyone manning RF blocking him. It’s not like Rickard would block him. And after what Hays has been through, and how he’s handled the struggles, he seems to be mature enough to handle himself in Baltimore.  

Now, Diaz is a different story in my mind. He’s got more to prove. A great talent, no doubt. Impressive!

Hays hit an absolute bomb on a 3-2 count in his first AB against Matthew Boyd who's a major league starter. Later in the game he had a good AB drawing a walk. He has a 1.329 OPS so far in a really small sample size but it's clear that he looks healthy and is moving around very well.

4 minutes ago, LTO's said:

Hays hit an absolute bomb on a 3-2 count in his first AB against Matthew Boyd who's a major league starter. Later in the game he had a good AB drawing a walk. He has a 1.329 OPS so far in a really small sample size but it's clear that he looks healthy and is moving around very well.

I heard Hays talking on the radio a couple days ago about how he wasn’t 100% healthy last year.      And that he feels much better this year. So far, so good.

4 minutes ago, LTO's said:

Major league pitcher but not a major league pitch.   It was out of the strike zone and Hays tomahawked it into the jet stream.    I’m glad to see Hays looking healthy and seeing the ball well.   

27 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Major league pitcher but not a major league pitch.   It was out of the strike zone and Hays tomahawked it into the jet stream.    I’m glad to see Hays looking healthy and seeing the ball well.   

Although you are correct in that it wasn't the best pitch, that's what a major league hitter is supposed to do. HIT THE MISTAKES and boy did he do that. He yanked an away pitch to left with authority, if he isn't on up with the big league club I will be highly disappointed.  

Hays and Diaz both start in the minors. Take that to the bank.

Mullins, Mancini, and Stewart are your starting OFs with Rickard as 4th. Hays will be up before summer though, and Diaz during the summer probably.

By August, I think Mancini will be the primary DH. Mullins, Diaz, and Hays are the starting OF and Stewart is the 4th. Davis and Trumbo won't get 500 ABs combined with the Orioles this year. No time for that. Mountcastle probably takes over 1B late summer if he's hitting.

9 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

I don't really care who starts where as long as Mancini doesn't play in the OF anymore. 

Yes.  Yes.  Yes.  

On 3/1/2019 at 8:19 PM, Can_of_corn said:

Hays making the team out of ST would also suit my needs.

But SERVICE TIME OMGZZZZZZZ

Archived