Do you expect Elias to deal Bundy, Villar, and other vets by the trade deadline?

Greg Pappas

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Philip said:

Xavier Avery. That was his name. But draft picks aren’t tradeable, except for compensation picks. Did we also give up one of those?

If you're talking about the Bud Norris trade, it was LJ Hoes who was traded, not Xavier Avery. Avery was traded a month later for Michael Morse.

46 minutes ago, PaulFolk said:

If you're talking about the Bud Norris trade, it was LJ Hoes who was traded, not Xavier Avery. Avery was traded a month later for Michael Morse.

You’re exactly right, thanks for the reminder. That was among Dan’s best trades even though I had forgotten about the draft pick that was included.

10 hours ago, Philip said:

You’re exactly right, thanks for the reminder. That was among Dan’s best trades even though I had forgotten about the draft pick that was included.

Norris helped us in ‘14, but was disappointing in ‘13 and terrible in ‘15.    I’d rather have 6+ years of Hader and Fisher (the draft pick) plus the scraps they got from Hoes.   

4 hours ago, Frobby said:

Norris helped us in ‘14, but was disappointing in ‘13 and terrible in ‘15.    I’d rather have 6+ years of Hader and Fisher (the draft pick) plus the scraps they got from Hoes.   

Yes I agree. I didn’t say it was a GOOD trade, just one of Dan’s best.

however, I don’t think we win in ‘14 without Norris. Dan should have traded Norris in the offseason though.

Archived