TT: Spring training takes 2/24

Tony-OH

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

Kline was the star of the game with just a filthy fastball,  slider combination. Rio Ruiz hit a bomb and had another nice PA drawing a walk. I like his swing a bit. 

I like Drew Jackson's bat, but not sure he's a major league SS defensively. 

Unfortunately not only did Chris Davis look like 2018 Chris Davis during the game, his BP was not very impressive either. 

Worse BP of the day? Eric Young Jr. by far. If I would have seen that BP in the minors I would have NP'd him. Maybe he's still getting the rust off.

Do you think of him more as a 3B or 2B if you had to pick?

56 minutes ago, BohKnowsBmore said:

Do you think of him more as a 3B or 2B if you had to pick?

I need to see more of him to make a full assessment. I do think he's got an excellent chance of being a utility job even if he doesn't have the defense to be an everyday SS. I'm looking forward to seeing more of him.

8 hours ago, Philip said:

The only hope regarding Ben McDonald is for less of him.

You're in the minority I think.  Most folks love Ben.

One minor criticism from me, I hope the MASN Propaganda Machine hasn't gotten to him.  He said a few remarks on the first broadcast that were very Hunter/Bordick-esque.  I can't remember what the first one was, but I remember him saying that one of our pitchers, I think it was Mike Wright, had an ERA "just above 5" last year, when it was actually 5.55.  

9 hours ago, Philip said:

The only hope regarding Ben McDonald is for less of him.

Are you serious?  I've listened to him a lot on college baseball broadcasts, and always really liked him.  He makes a lot of insightful, interesting comments and can be humorous as well.  Huge upgrade over Bordick.

20 minutes ago, Otter said:

Are you serious?  I've listened to him a lot on college baseball broadcasts, and always really liked him.  He makes a lot of insightful, interesting comments and can be humorous as well.  Huge upgrade over Bordick.

You’re right about Bordick. He’s awful. But McDonald is annoying. He mostly just repeats what the PBP guy has just said and contributes little.

I appreciate that I am in the minority but I hope they get someone better.

Archived