Is there a Opening Day 25-man Player not yet on the Roster?

BohKnowsBmore

18 hours ago, BohKnowsBmore said:

With the O's holding the #1 waiver priority, is there a player or position that you see them claiming for the opening day 25-man roster that's not yet on the team?  This would likely be guys who are out of options that another team would try to sneak through.

I'm thinking a toolsy OF that hasn't quite put things together would be the perfect confluence of need and availability, in my opinion.  Maybe Eric Young Jr. is that player, but it would be great to get someone a bit younger for the 5th OF (after Mullins, Rickard, Mancini, Stewart)***/bench bat role who has some potential to put it together and be worth something going forward. Are there any players that anyone is aware of that would fit this bill?  Lists of players out of options are incredibly hard to come by.  A lot of my google searches actually return articles about Dylan Bundy being out of options.  It doesn't help that a lot of writers talk about teams' "options" at a given position.

I would think some form of reliever would be the next most likely, but I think we have some intriguing options there already.

***For the record, I'm in the camp of starting Diaz, Hays and McKenna at AAA until they're undoubtedly ready for the show.  

Why? Start Hays with the big club. I might be wrong but I would rather the young guys come up. This team is not going to be playing for a playoff spot. Bring on the young guys.

12 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Zach Granite DFA from Twins. 

Not sure I see immediate fit but he does have an option left. 

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/02/twins-designate-zack-granite-for-assignment.html

I’d be okay with this. I just want to see good defense. It doesn’t look like he’s played too much RF though. I don’t see guys like Santander or Wright having a future in Baltimore so it’d be easy to find a spot for him.

8 minutes ago, oriole said:

I’d be okay with this. I just want to see good defense. It doesn’t look like he’s played too much RF though. I don’t see guys like Santander or Wright having a future in Baltimore so it’d be easy to find a spot for him.

I think once Hays/Diaz are up here he could be a better fit than Rickard. 

Archived