Would receiving the 2020 #1 pick be a considered strategy?

justcompete

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Brooks The Great said:

Just a thought, but I honestly think Vlad Jr. could wind up generating more WAR than our top 3 hitters combined. I do think Toronto has more talent in both their lineup and starting rotation than we do.

“Vlad JR IS NOT ready for the Major League ”

Ross Atkins  

4 minutes ago, Brooks The Great said:

Just a thought, but I honestly think Vlad Jr. could wind up generating more WAR than our top 3 hitters combined. I do think Toronto has more talent in both their lineup and starting rotation than we do.

He might.

He also might eat himself into a DH role at 20.

200px-Vladimir_Guerrero_Jr.JPG

12 hours ago, Bmorebirds24 said:

I think I might Be crazy too. I think we win 70 games. 

I had them down for 75 wins this year as well.  We already got 3 so we are on our way.  As bad a small this team is I a must gonna count spring training wins too, no time the losses though.

29 minutes ago, weams said:

It will not be evidence of incompetence if the team outperforms. You can’t just go all Major League 2. 

I hope the young players outperform...but I would trade away enough players, give enough starts here and there to the retread pitchers, etc., that the losing is meaningful. If the team is just pretty bad and misses out on a top pick, but it is because Cobb, Cashner, and the like have really good years, then that is a terrible outcome. 

6 hours ago, weams said:

It will not be evidence of incompetence if the team outperforms. You can’t just go all Major League 2. 

Elias is doing his best. He could have easily signed Islgesias, Weiters, etc..., on low risk deals where they would just want playing time. He did not do that. We’re going to see what our stop gap guys and prospects can do. 

Even if by some 2012esque miracle we are not the worst team in MLB, Selloff 2.0 should accomplish that in July. 

10 hours ago, Ohfan67 said:

I hope the young players outperform...but I would trade away enough players, give enough starts here and there to the retread pitchers, etc., that the losing is meaningful. If the team is just pretty bad and misses out on a top pick, but it is because Cobb, Cashner, and the like have really good years, then that is a terrible outcome. 

Sorry. You can't do that.  There is still a semblance of game integrity. The Orioles have an advantage with the awful Davis contract, as long as you hang on to him, no one can complain too much at the 50 million dollar payroll. That said, I expect to Orioles to lose 90 games. 

35 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

But home runs are just so much better than not home runs.

Not in my book. I know it's just ST, but I loved seeing Rickard getting the runner over to 3rd with only 1 out. Did I love seeing Diaz and Sisco hit HR? Absolutely, but I'll take a lineup with more balance anyday.

3 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

Not in my book. I know it's just ST, but I loved seeing Rickard getting the runner over to 3rd with only 1 out. Did I love seeing Diaz and Sisco hit HR? Absolutely, but I'll take a lineup with more balance anyday.

I meant when it comes to winning games, not aesthetically.

Archived