Manny: O's didn't show me any love

TonySoprano

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I split this from the Manny signs with Padres thread. 

Sounds like a guy who didn't want to sign withe Padres. He clearly doesn't live in reality if he doesn't understand why the Orioles traded him or tried to resign him.

Yes and no.  The last time the Orioles talked about extending his time was in 2013, so I get the bitterness. That being said, by the time it got to 2018, no one blames the Orioles for trading him.  The only criticism may be it wasn't done sooner.  Ask the Nats if they should've traded Harper to Houston.  Piling on giving more credit to LA, who didn't bother trying to bring him back,  is a jerk move (and that's being polite).

If I recall, Duquette hadn't approached him in a couple years about an extension. That's most likely due to ownership. Had Davis not recently signed, maybe things would be different? Otherwise, whatever. 

We should have tried to lock him up much, much sooner. It's one of the things I'm most interested to see change under new leadership. Locking up good young players before they are outrageously expensive. We'll see. 

I don't understand why it is so difficult for some players (most do) to show some class when they leave teams. Gee, I don't know..I enjoyed my time there, we made some playoff runs, the fans were great, they put me at ss the last year, (they paid me millions), etc....Doesn't he gain more in his public image if he keeps it positive?? Shouldn't agents remind him??

1 minute ago, UpstateNYfan said:

I don't understand why it is so difficult for some players (most do) to show some class when they leave teams. Gee, I don't know..I enjoyed my time there, we made some playoff runs, the fans were great, they put me at ss the last year, (they paid me millions), etc....Doesn't he gain more in his public image if he keeps it positive?? Shouldn't agents remind him??

I suspect most agents are worried about potential deals, whining and dinning extensions and new contracts.

Manny being Manny, didnt hurt his big contract, nor the big money that came into the agent, so most likely, the agent shrugs his shoulders and says oh well.

1 minute ago, clapdiddy said:

I just don't understand why these guys feel the need to bash their old teams.  He was revered by the fans here, warts and all.  

Why do ex spouses, feel the need to bash their former spouse?

Why do ex employees bash their former employers.

It makes them feel better.

3 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

Why do ex spouses, feel the need to bash their former spouse?

Why do ex employees bash their former employers.

It makes them feel better.

I never mention my ex-spouse or bash my former employers.  If I just had signed a $300 million dollar contract with a new employer I doubt my old employer would come up in my thoughts.

Just now, atomic said:

I never mention my ex-spouse or bash my former employers.  If I just had signed a $300 million dollar contract with a new employer I doubt my old employer would come up in my thoughts.

I was linking them, its the same attitude some folks have.  The need to take shots at them.

I agree with you, if I had signed that big $$$ deal, last thing on my mind was to think about my employer.

Archived