Donnie Hart DFA!

Legend_Of_Joey

1 hour ago, eddie83 said:

I’m trying to remember how Miguel Gonzalez worked out. We cut him later and owed him 45 days pay. 

You’re correct, the White Sox waited until he passed through waivers and signed him as a free agent.   

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Frobby said:

You’re correct, the White Sox waited until he passed through waivers and signed him as a free agent.   

They signed him as a minor league FA, then added him to roster. What I haven’t been able to figure out was what they paid him? Not sure how that works.  

4 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

They signed him as a minor league FA, then added him to roster. What I haven’t been able to figure out was what they paid him? Not sure how that works.  

I haven’t seen anything to suggest he got more than the major league minimum for a player with 3+ years experience, plus what the O’s had to pay him.   

4 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I haven’t seen anything to suggest he got more than the major league minimum for a player with 3+ years experience, plus what the O’s had to pay him.   

Ok, makes sense. Bottom line is Fields will receive close to $500K worst case from LA no matter what, unless he is traded or claimed then he gets it all. 

Someone will add him at some point. 

29 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Ok, makes sense. Bottom line is Fields will receive close to $500K worst case from LA no matter what, unless he is traded or claimed then he gets it all. 

Someone will add him at some point. 

I’m not sure if baseball reference is always correct, but that is my go to source.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/g/gonzami03.shtml

15 hours ago, wildcard said:

Hart had good moments with the O's.   He just does not fit the current team as a LOOGY who is out for options.

I think still has an option.  

He was first added to the 40-man roster on July 15, 2016 when he was added to the major league roster.  He was sent down once in 2016 on July 24 and was recalled on August 12 and remained on the major league roster the rest of the year.  With a single trip to the minors of less than 20 days when he was on the 40-man roster, that shouldn't count as an option year.  Options were used in 2017 and 2018.  So, he should have one left.

4 hours ago, interloper said:

An odd move by the Dodgers, who agreed on arb with Fields, who has put up very good numbers in the 'pen for them. Trade must be in the works with someone.

With their past issues of arm problems, maybe he is depth at AAA for them?

Archived