Silly me, I like winning spring training games

Frobby

8 hours ago, section18 said:

I agree completely. This team is better than people think. The pitching is my biggest concern. There are a few guys who are pitching themselves off of the team.  Lets hope we can pick up a starter or two somewhere and stop worrying about the 2020 #1 pick. So we get the number 4 or 5 pick. That's still pretty dam good.  I guess everyone has read how well our probable #1 pick from Oregon, the catcher,  has started the season. 5 HR's in his first 10 games and is hitting .375. What else do we need? A quality 3B ?  Maybe Nunez or Ruiz is the answer.  Seriously ! What positions do we need to fill? I think we have a quality outfield developing along with our infield. The starters #4 and # 5 are still a mystery.  Don't rule out Jimmy Yac !

This team needs a lot of pitching depth.

Oh and a reasonably competent 1st baseman.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm having an absolute blast this spring training. I love it. I don't even care. Everything has been so freeing. No expectations. Youthful energy. New coaching voice. Wonderful Elias interviews in the booth. Steve Melewski figuring out technology and streaming and calling games on the fly.

It's a freaking pleasure. Totally different vibe from last year.

8 hours ago, interloper said:

I'm having an absolute blast this spring training. I love it. I don't even care. Everything has been so freeing. No expectations. Youthful energy. New coaching voice. Wonderful Elias interviews in the booth. Steve Melewski figuring out technology and streaming and calling games on the fly.

It's a freaking pleasure. Totally different vibe from last year.

Agreed watching a rebuild and the organization adopting analytics beats beer league softball any day. 

o

(vs. D-RAYS, 3/06)

The Orioles came from behind to win this afternoon's game by a score of 9-6.

John Alan Means threw 3 shutout innings to start the game, and Anthony Santander, Boyce Cedric Mullins, and Mike Yastrzemski all hit home runs.

o

2 minutes ago, interloper said:

Having a blast. Don't even care. You better believe I'm having as much fun as possible while I can because hoo boy are the losses gonna come hard and fast. 

Repeat after me... "We do not want Mike Wright and Gabby Ynoa to have career years. We want a really high draft pick for 2020."

Archived