TT: Opening Day roster starting to take shape, but questions remain

Tony-OH

1 minute ago, BohKnowsBmore said:

I get that, I just think the absolute torching of Mullins over ~150 PA in his first taste of the bigs is a bit much for my taste.  Conversely, the suggestion that it would be some sort of travesty for Hays to not start with the big club seems silly as well, in my very humble opinion.

I get it if they don't want to start Hays in Baltimore but if he's still raking when the service clock game is over, he deserves a shot in Baltimore.

I don't think anyone here is torching Mullins, just simply pointing out where he falls short.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think  Davis  turns into Don Long's project.    He keeps a spot on the team but maybe not as a regular.   Long tries to change Davis approach.   Mancini sees a lot more time at 1B.     Hyde just announced today that Mancini will play a lot more 1B this spring.

40 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I remember when a poster claimed that was a possible Flash outcome.

Flaherty WAS a very poor man’s Zobrist. But he earned his pay for us and then some, and I am very glad we had him.

Maybe Jackson can be a middle-class man’s Zobrist?

Just now, Philip said:

Flaherty WAS a very poor man’s Zobrist. But he earned his pay for us and then some, and I am very glad we had him.

Flaherty was a homeless man's Zobrist.  They played multiple positions, thats where the comparison ends. 

24 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Sure.

And how he finished last season.  And how he can't hit from the right side.  

If he can’t hit from the right side, then have him just hit from the left. Problem solved. Then he platoons with somebody, although I’m not sure who that would best be.

1 hour ago, Philip said:

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

Flaherty was a homeless man's Zobrist.  They played multiple positions, thats where the comparison ends. 

That’s hilarious!   And correct.    Flaherty is a poor man’s Chris Gomez. 

2 hours ago, wildcard said:

Hays is outplaying Mullins for the CF job.   Mullins has to pick it up or get optioned.

If Mullins doesn’t get a shot now when will he? 

He may not be good enough but spring training isn’t the time to say that. 

3 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

If Mullins doesn’t get a shot now when will he? 

He may not be good enough but spring training isn’t the time to say that. 

I think Mullins is the OD CF.  I think Hays gets sent to the minors (wildcard has a stroke) and Mullins gets whatever amount of time to show if he can hack it or not in CF until the time comes to call up Hays when they're done playing the clock game.  

Just now, Tx Oriole said:

Be prepared to be tied up. I'm on your side. I want them to be released PDQ.

They are in different situations.    Trumbo’s still a half decent hitter, who might have a good year if we’re lucky.   Davis has to prove he’s capable of playing Major League Baseball.    

Archived