TT: Opening Day roster starting to take shape, but questions remain

Tony-OH

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

The player parking lot in Sarasota could have a few potholes laying around...

I know this is a joke but I would rather Davis stay healthy so he and the organization have no excuses to keep trying. Give him a ton of ABs and make a decision. I expect the following:

1. Davis gets a ton of ABs to start the season, nothing changes.

2. Elias gets in there and uses data points and the coaches ask him to make further tweaks.

3. Davis rides the bench while he goes about making these tweaks in the background. (Outside chance he abandons or pushes back on these tweaks, speeding up his release date.)

4. Davis reemerges in the lineup featuring his new tweaks. At this point a few things could happen:

A) he's fixed!

B) he's not fixed

C) he gets injured

D) he spends a few days trying the tweaks out before reverting to his old ways, drama ensues

5. He is released no earlier than AS break 2019, more likely off-season.

3 minutes ago, RhythmNathan said:

Maybe I missed it but do we know who is throwing out the first pitch on opening day?

Too early to determine. I heard it's between our regular starters, whoever has an ERA below 10 before opening day. 

2 hours ago, weams said:

It’s going to happen. Now or in the future. It’s like an overripe avocado. I guess you could hope for it to get better. 

Nice analogy.   Hopefully a wrong one, but probably a correct one.  

7 hours ago, weams said:

It’s going to happen. Now or in the future. It’s like an overripe avocado. I guess you could hope for it to get better. 

My point exactly.  Hope won't unripen an avacado though.  It's gonna happen and it aint gonna be in 4 years.  It's gonna be much sooner.  Don't know how or when, and I'll be sorry when it happens.  For the O's and for CD.

7 hours ago, wildcard said:

Don Long has barely begun to fix Davis.   Long will get a long time to see what he can do.

7 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

I don't think it will necessarily take Long a long time to tell if a fix is feasible.

I can't tell if this excessive alliteration is intentional.  It would be a lot funnier if it wasn't.   

Archived