The Adam Jones Appreciation Thread

Frobby

Nope, nobody ever started one of these for Adam.    I guess we were waiting to make sure he’d be somewhere else.    

Adam had his flaws, but there’s no denying his impact on the franchise.   Four time Gold Glover and five time All Star.    Top 5-10 in almost every career cumulative offensive stat for the O’s.  One of only two players who appeared in every Orioles playoff game in the 2012-16 run.   Undeniably one of the leaders of the team, and in many ways, the face of the franchise.    An active member of the community who was passionate about reaching out to minorities and others.    Did the Orioles proud in the World Baseball Classic.    Absolutely ready to speak his mind on any topic, in good times or bad, to anyone.    

Thanks, Adam, for all you brought to Baltimore.    It won’t be forgotten.    

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surefire inductee to the Orioles Hall of Fame.  I feel his acquisition as part of the great Bedard trade really turned things around for the franchise, despite four losing seasons in his first four years. Blew some great bubbles in centerfield while making some great plays early on.  Eventually learned not to chase the low and away slider as much.  

Best of luck in the desert, Mr. Jones.

3 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Nope, nobody ever started one of these for Adam.    I guess we were waiting to make sure he’d be somewhere else.    

Adam had his flaws, but there’s no denying his impact on the franchise.   Four time Gold Glover and five time All Star.    Top 5-10 in almost every career cumulative offensive stat for the O’s.  One of only two players who appeared in every Orioles playoff game in the 2012-16 run.   Undeniably one of the leaders of the team, and in many ways, the face of the franchise.    An active member of the community who was passionate about reaching out to minorities and others.    Did the Orioles proud in the World Baseball Classic.    Absolutely ready to speak his mind on any topic, in good times or bad, to anyone.    

Thank you, sir.

Adam was the key to a new era, in which, they were rebuilding this team.

It was a solid 5 year run, wish it had been longer, wish it had a bit more success, but such is life.

I hope his has a good time with the Razorbacks, unless they are playing Birdland.

One of my all time favorites during the past decade here, up there with BRob and Markakis.   It was a pleasure watching him play, and you always knew he was going to give it 100% and tell it to you straight.  He did a lot for this team and this city and I will probably keep a poster I have of him in my 'sports shrine' area of my cube at work up for quite awhile yet.   Currently it's him, Flacco, and Ray Lewis.   Best CF in Orioles history?   If it's not him he's gotta be awful close.

One of my favorite Orioles ever.  I love the way he played the game, and to me, was the beginning of the turnaround of this franchise which led to the 2012-2016 success.   

Thank you, Mr. Jones.   You will rightly have a position in the Orioles HOF.   My hope is that after you are done with your baseball career that you will consider returning to the Orioles in some capacity.   You are a great ambassador of the sport.

He will be missed greatly.  A great guy and a great player.   Favorite Adam moment is when after they clinched he division , Adam pied all the fans in the stands.  Stands out as the Oriole of the his tenure with the club.  No matter where he goes he will always be an Oriole in my book.

Good luck Adam and thanks for all the great memories. 

Jonesy put a lot of smiles on a lot of faces in Baltimore over the years. The pies were classic. Kids loved him. Some of the baseball nerds (which I try to be) never loved him as much as the casual fan because we harped on what he wasn't. That means we didn't always appreciate what he was. He's not a MLB HOFer, but he is a great Oriole. Definitely deserves an Adam Jones day when he comes back to the Yard. 

Best of luck in your future endeavors, Mr. Jones.

All the things have been said. He was a great team leader. Bought it every night. Very durable. A key man in bringing winning back to Baltimore. Always represented Baltimore and the team well. Happy trails Adam Jones. You will be missed. 

3 hours ago, Frobby said:

Tremendous Oriole. Wonderful. I'll miss him. 

Going to feel weird as hell when Jonesy isnt running out to CF on opening day.  Good luck in Arizona!  I'm hoping he signs a one day contract with the team and retires as an Oriole before going in the Os Hall of Fame.  The face of the franchise as the team returned (and then fell from ) prominence.  I understand why they couldn't bring him back, although hes getting NOTHING in Arizona, I hope he has a few years left and is able to be recognized properly after.  

Archived