What is the favorite stadium of the oh? (besides opacy)

Saintbird

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My list looks like this:

1) Camden Yards - I was the biggest Memorial Stadium lover you could imagine, but this place won me over by the first time my butt landed in a seat

2) Yankee Stadium - Vibes, history, etc...

3) Pac Bell - Where the Giants play. Whatever it's called now. McCovey's cove is A-ok.

4) Skydome - Again, whatever it's called now. Home of the Blue Jays. Got to go on the field in 2000 and see the Orioles in the dome, open air, and roof closed mid-game. Nice view of the CN Tower.

5) Shea Stadium - Gets a bad rap, but I really like it.

6) Turner Field - Best peanuts in baseball outside the park, and nice enough overall. Didn't blow me away by any means.

7) Rangers park, whatever they're calling it now. Struck me as tacky and trying too hard.

Speaking of consessions PNC Park has the best pretzels period!

I've been to almost every stadium (ah, college=crazy), but I'd have to say my favorite besides OPACY is Wrigley. Great feel to it.

The worst is definitely Minute Maid Park for me. Just an ugly place.

Really it doesn't look all that bad:confused:

My vote goes to PNC. If you can stand in line to get your food and still see the game thenn it already goes to the top of my list. The fact that it has the best view in all of baseball makes it far and away the best. Include Primantti brothers and its not even fair.

PNC is great. Definitely a cool view.

Primantti brothers, on the other hand - I've never had a more overrated sandwich...

I have a hard time giving Pitt props as a result of my Steeler hatred, but I give them credit for having probably the second best stadium in baseball...

PNC is great. Definitely a cool view.

Primantti brothers, on the other hand - I've never had a more overrated sandwich...

I have a hard time giving Pitt props as a result of my Steeler hatred, but I give them credit for having probably the second best stadium in baseball...

For those of you who have never been to PNC Park, the view is spectacular, almost as good as the view was at opacy before that hotel blocked it:cussing:

I haven't been to too many b/c only 21 and still in college. But here's my list:

1) Fenway - by far the best atmosphere I've been a part of to see a baseball game.

2) OPACY - just a perfect stadium in my opinion (though I am obviously biased)

3) Nationals Park - hate the team but the stadium is very cool

4) Jacob's Field (I think now called Progressive?) - haven't been there in 10 years or so but at the time seemed like a cheap Camden Yards.

5) Turner Field - my brother went to school at Emory in Atlanta so I had a chance to see a lot of games here. All I can say is: Eh, its ok. Stadium is nice and all but fans just do not care down there. More excitement at Georgia Tech baseball games than at Braves games (I work for UMD baseball so I've been down to GT for games)

My list, for the parks that I've been to:

1) Wrigley Field. Say what you want about the urinal troughs or the crowded concourses or the weak concessions... the views are spectacular, the atmosphere is always electric, and there's just SO much history there. It's awesome watching a baseball game without the aid of a video scoreboard. :D

2) Oriole Park at Camden Yards. For obvious reasons.

3) Minute Maid Park. I love the quirks of this stadium. I loved the concessions, the wide seats, the train up in left, the hill in center... honestly, I can't think of a single flaw to this park. Even the ticket prices were reasonable ($55 for club seats in 2006). Just a great place to see a game.

4) Fenway Park. I side with the history for this one, but nothing else about it made it engaging or enjoyable.

5) Nationals Park. It has some upside to it, but it's like watching a baseball game in a shopping mall. The parking garages block views. There's a definite smell to it. It's overly pricy. The food was awful. The subway station isn't built to handle the load of fans. The seats are NARROWER than at OPACY. And you can't see the game from the concourse behind home plate. Not enough ramps/escalators to get to the upper deck. Scoreboard's the best feature of the park, since there's not a good view of downtown DC anywhere in the park.

6) Tropicana Field. It's a dump. Go to a warehouse. No imagine playing baseball in it. Feels like you're watching a game with flourescent lighting. Crowds are sparse, so it's quiet in there. Concessions leave a lot to be desired. Nothing stands out about it architectually aside from the sloped roof. Seats are comfy. That's about the best thing it's got going for it.

I'll be going to Yankee Stadium in a week, so it'll be interesting to see where it ranks. I plan on hitting PNC and Citizens Bank Park next season.

For those of you who have never been to PNC Park, the view is spectacular, almost as good as the view was at opacy before that hotel blocked it:cussing:

Yeah, I made my first trip back to Camden Yards since 2000 in May.

Got to say the hotel is a definite blight that ruined one of the most charming views in the ballpark. Normally, I don't care much what's going on with a ballpark once you get off the field, but that was disappointing and detracted from the ambiance.

I've only been to five Major league parks so ranked one to five:

Memorial Stadium (my first place to see a game is a special spot)

OPACY

Turner Field

Tropicana Field

Dolphin Stadium

Minor league parks and ST parks:

*these four for historical significance

Jackie Robinson Ballpark, Daytona FL

Holman Stadium, Vero Beach

Historic Holman Stadium, Nashua NH

Ray Winder Field, Little Rock AR

Prince George's Stadium, Bowie MD

Champions Park, Kissimmee FL