Embarrassing day for the O's

wildcard

This is possibly one of the worst compilations of players in the last 50 years of MLB. Why would a ST loss or win change what they are?

I think the Rule V has a negative impact on most of the players selected. They are marginal players at best, but then they are forced into a level if competition that they are not as good as. Then the teams hope that after getting overwhelmed all season they can stash them back in the minors for seasoning.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Frobby said:

I didn’t see the game.     I’m not that worried about losing, but some of the elements you describe bothered me.    Good for you for pointing out Martin’s recent slump — it was to be expected that he’d come down to earth, but now we’re seeing the reality that he’s probably not going to hit much.   I’d still stick with him if the glove is as advertised.   

There's a replay at 7 if you or anyone else want to see it.

30 minutes ago, maybenxtyr said:

This is possibly one of the worst compilations of players in the last 50 years of MLB. Why would a ST loss or win change what they are?

I think the Rule V has a negative impact on most of the players selected. They are marginal players at best, but then they are forced into a level if competition that they are not as good as. Then the teams hope that after getting overwhelmed all season they can stash them back in the minors for seasoning.

I agree 100% on Rule 5. It needs to be revamped. 

31 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Go Blue.Michigan, not those phony blue ACC teams 

As for the Twins lineup,sometimes the fringe players try harder in the spring games then the veterans. The Nationals crushed their real lineup.

Nationals?  I think I have heard of them.  Aren't they that team from Canada?

It's interesting that the Orioles played Mullins in left and Hays in center. I think the Orioles are realizing that Mullins' arm is going to be an issue in CF. Heck it's going to be an issue in LF, but will be less so. that throw today was awful, like Johnny Damon at the end of his career awful. I'm hoping that slipped out of his hand a bit. 

I'm liking Reinheimer more and more. He keeps hitting, having good PAs, and plays a solid defensive SS. I'd definitely keep him over Escobar. I'd keep all three of Martin, Jackson and Reinheimer since Jackson can platoon with Mullins as well. 

Archived