3rd round of cuts

wildcard

1 hour ago, Rene88 said:

Wasn’t Earl Weaver the one that said about a player : “he had more chances than my ex wife”? LOL Not sure which player he was talking about though. 

My guess is they see Wright as a subpar pitcher that can eat innings and ensure a high draft pick. Sad but probably true.  He can stay healthy. 

Cuellar

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/17/2019 at 11:33 AM, Tony-OH said:

It was an open competition, but they never said who it was open too. I'm glad to see the team take a long view and if sending Hays out gives us extra controllability time I'm ok with that.

I just want to see Hays force his way back up here by as soon after May 15 as possible.   And I do mean force it.    Just put the team in a position where there’s no doubt he’s ready for it.   None of this maybe he is and maybe he’s not stuff.   

9 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Why the heck is Mountcastle still in big league camp?  Doesnt jive with the Hayes demotion and “development”. 

Pretty sure he was just called up from minor league camp for that particular game.  Sometimes they need the bodies.  Some guys only play at the home facility and don't travel with the team. 

Archived