TT: Development is key in 3rd round of cuts

Tony-OH

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Natty said:

Mancini is being blocked from playing where he belongs, first base. I believe his hitting will come back if he knows he is the first baseman and doesn't have to worry about the OF.

Oh. I see. I disagree. He should DH. 

4 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Is it accurate to say Trumbo can't hit?  He can't field and he can't run.  He can hit a bit.

He did bat .261 last year with 17 HR. We have guys we just cut yesterday who can do that.

1 hour ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

It feels like a lot of people failed to realize the fact that Hays has less than half a season in AA and Santander mainly played in AA as a rehab assignment during his Rule 5 year.

Then they also only care about Spring stats if someone they like does well, or someone they dislike does bad. Otherwise "stats don't matter."

I brought this up in the last 1-2 weeks and got brushed off for my negativity.

There is no reason to rush these guys and you do not harm their development at all by sending them down. Starting them with the big league club in cold April on the other hand when they’ve never succeeded at Triple A is a fair recipe for disaster. 

1 hour ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

It feels like a lot of people failed to realize the fact that Hays has less than half a season in AA and Santander mainly played in AA as a rehab assignment during his Rule 5 year.

Then they also only care about Spring stats if someone they like does well, or someone they dislike does bad. Otherwise "stats don't matter."

I didn’t think Hays had any chance to make the team heading into camp. 

I bought into the open competition talk especially when Hyde said Mullins was not a lock for CF. 

I’m fine with the move. I was just reacting to what I heard. It is what it is.  

14 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

It isn't fair to Trumbo to group him with Davis.  Trumbo was an above average bat last year.

Agreed. But we have hitters better than Trumbo now for minimum wage. 

Archived