Let's guess the bullpen

interloper

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Will Wright get the fifth spot in the rotation?  I think he is starting the year as an Oriole.  Whether he ends the year in the organization is up for grabs.

I think the Wright is pencilled in as the 5th starter now but pencils have erasers.   It wouldn't suprise me at all if the 5th different guy to take the mound at the start of an Oriole game this year is someone not currently in the organization.   I have to think that some good AL team will be forced to waive a pitcher who is as good or better than Wright and we will jump on the guy.

1 minute ago, SteveA said:

I think the Wright is pencilled in as the 5th starter now but pencils have erasers.   It wouldn't suprise me at all if the 5th different guy to take the mound at the start of an Oriole game this year is someone not currently in the organization.   I have to think that some good AL team will be forced to waive a pitcher who is as good or better than Wright and we will jump on the guy.

I think Buck lost his eraser last year.

If this is opening day bullpen here goes, but most of the pitching staffs of Bowie and Norfolk will see time in B-More this season so this is just opening day.

Givens, Bleier, Castro, Fry, Araujo, Yacabonis,  why not Means?

I’m still down on Scott.

Wright starts in the rotation but is dumped as soon as the Powers realize that “sucky” is his ceiling.

that should take three starts and then he replaces Araujo( or goes away) 

3 hours ago, RZNJ said:

Over Hess?  No way.  Bundy, Cobb, Cashner are locks.  Hess has a huge edge on Wright and Rogers IMO. 5th spot comes down to Wright vs Rogers.  Pretty sure Hyde likes Rogers more but Wrights lack of options might give him the edge.

When last we saw He'ss he did not look so good.   That crushing has not happened to Wright or Rogers this spring.    Hess gets another start this week.  Maybe he redeems himself.  Maybe Wright or Rogers blow up.  But it has not happened yet.

Cobb, Cashner, Bundy and Wright have all gone 5 innings.  Hess and Rogers have not gone 4 innings in a game yet.   Hess gets two chances to get there.  Rogers has one.  Lets see what happens.

7 hours ago, wildcard said:

Givens, Bleier, Castro, Fry, Karns, Araujo, Yacabonis, Scott

Ugh...  you might be right. I think we could go with guys that can go mult IP at first... 

Givens, Bleier, Castro

Karns, Means, Yacabonis

Araujo(should be Phillips)

... but ST doesn’t matter. We’re in tank mode Baby!

15 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Ugh...  you might be right. I think we could go with guys that can go mult IP at first... 

Givens, Bleier, Castro

Karns, Means, Yacabonis

Araujo(should be Phillips)

... but ST doesn’t matter. We’re in tank mode Baby!

I think they go with 8 relievers and 3 bench players.  Araujo is sent down after 17 days.    You have one lefty.  I don't see that happening.  Fry will make the team. The debate between Means, Phillips and Scott is a good one.

4 minutes ago, wildcard said:

I think they go with 8 relievers and 3 bench players.  Araujo is sent down after 17 days.    You have one lefty.  I don't see that happening.  Fry will make the team. The debate between Means, Phillips and Scott is a good one.

That means you’re DFAing Nunez. 

Backup C

Drew Jackson

4th OF or extra IF - Smith, EY, Peterson, Escobar, Alberto, Reinheimer

Nunez

That’s why I’ve been banging the drum against Arajuo. It’s not only keeping him but losing another spot/player as well  

3 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

That means you’re DFAing Nunez. 

Backup C

Drew Jackson

4th OF or extra IF - Smith, EY, Peterson, Escobar, Alberto, Reinheimer

Nunez

That’s why I’ve been banging the drum against Arajuo. It’s not only keeping him but losing another spot/player as well  

They send Ruiz down for service time issues.   Nunez is the starting 3B.  

Bench:  Jackson, Sucre, Smith.   Smith just made it hard to send him down going 5 for 12 with a homer.   Alberto gets DFA'd.   

O's may still claim someone on the waiver wire.  Probably a pitcher but it could be a position player.  Wilkerson is vulnerable for DFA if need be.

1 minute ago, wildcard said:

They sent Ruiz down for service time issues.   Nunez is the starting 3B.  

Bench:  Jackson, Sucre, Smith.   Smith just made it hard to send him down going 5 for 12 with a homer.   Alberto gets DFA'd.   

O's may still claim someone on the waiver wire.  Probably a pitcher but it could be a position player.  Wilkerson is vulnerable for DFA is need be.

Did not see that. Thanks for pointing that out. Wow was that round of cuts really depressing. So much for open competition. 

I guess we could go with a three man bench in that scenario. 

I agree that Alberto gets DFA for Sucre. 

Wilkerson could get DFA for a waiver wire P. 

Who needs defense when the P can’t keep the ball in the yard anyways?  This is going to be an ugly team to watch. 

7 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Did not see that. Thanks for pointing that out. Wow was that round of cuts really depressing. So much for open competition. 

I guess we could go with a three man bench in that scenario. 

I agree that Alberto gets DFA for Sucre. 

Wilkerson could get DFA for a waiver wire P. 

Who needs defense when the P can’t keep the ball in the yard anyways?  This is going to be an ugly team to watch. 

Hyde says wait until June.  It will be a different team.

Archived