How Does TB Constantly Get Good Pitching, But We Never Can?

ORIOLE33

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, bobmc said:

@OFFNY posted an article on the ONGOING LINEUP THREAD, 2019 with some data on his changes.  Here is a quote and then data follow:

"There are several things changes in the works, but one stands out: He’s throwing in the zone more. Out of 140 pitchers in 2018, Glasnow ranked 127th in strike rate. This year, Glasnow has jumped to 15th out of 132. Glasnow has moved from ninth percentile to the 88th percentile in strike rate. That is… insane. He’s gone from someone who couldn’t throw strikes to one of the best strike-throwers in the league."

https://www.pitcherlist.com/going-deep-tyler-glasnow-is-metamorphosing-before-our-very-eyes/

o

That's bad news for our beloved Birdies when he pitches against them in games, such as last night ........ but good news for the majority of us Oriole fans when he sticks it to the Yankees and the Red Sox.

o

3 hours ago, nate22 said:

It's quite amazing that they might end up with a better return for Archer than we got for Machado.

They got a better return for Archer than we got for Machado, Britton, Gausman, and Schoop combined.

2 hours ago, Luke-OH said:

I remember having an argument with someone here that Glasnow was a very good pitcher a while back but they couldn't get past his 2017 MLB statline.

That doesn't sound like a conversation we would have here.

Are you sure it wasn't on a facebook page?

12 hours ago, Luke-OH said:

I remember having an argument with someone here that Glasnow was a very good pitcher a while back but they couldn't get past his 2017 MLB statline.

On 8/11/2018 at 2:21 AM, Cy Bundy said:

If my life depended on a run being scored on Glasnow, Archer or Gausman, I’d want Archer on the mound. 

Complicated game.

Archived