How Does TB Constantly Get Good Pitching, But We Never Can?

ORIOLE33

Over the years TB has been about as bad or good as us. But the one difference is that they almost always seem to develop pitching. It’s early, but our pitching compared to theirs is a joke. Even the Yankees, who are normally better than we our, always seem to develop better pitching. 

Man, I hope things will change over the next few years. 

Hmmm, good point. I wonder if there are any threads on OH that have discussed this topic since, umm, I don't know, maybe the first day OH went online? :) But seriously...there are hundreds threads and thousands of posts on this topic. Bad to mediocre drafting over many years, very poor development, few to no meaningful international signings, and bad luck with injuries. We are all hoping the future is much brighter. The Orioles do have interesting arms in the lower minors. Keep your fingers crossed. 

1 hour ago, ORIOLE33 said:

Over the years TB has been about as bad or good as us. But the one difference is that they almost always seem to develop pitching. It’s early, but our pitching compared to theirs is a joke. Even the Yankees, who are normally better than we our, always seem to develop better pitching. 

Man, I hope things will change over the next few years. 

CD is still playing.  Need to say more?

Our player development for pitching might have looked better if we didn't trade away Hader, Eduardo Rodriguez, Davies, Bridwell (was he a trade?) and Tobias Myers. Wondering if I'm forgetting others. 

FWIW, I was in favor of most of those deals at the time. Necessary evils, in my mind.

[Edit: Ironically, the Myers trade might have been the worst, IMO, at the time, just because Beckham was already pretty much known to be a scrub.]

13 minutes ago, LookinUp said:

Our player development for pitching might have looked better if we didn't trade away Hader, Eduardo Rodriguez, Davies, Bridwell (was he a trade?) and Tobias Myers. Wondering if I'm forgetting others. 

FWIW, I was in favor of most of those deals at the time. Necessary evils, in my mind.

[Edit: Ironically, the Myers trade might have been the worst, IMO, at the time, just because Beckham was already pretty much known to be a scrub.]

Add in Steven Brault and Stephen Tarpley to that group as well.