Dominican Summer League

Enjoy Terror

20 minutes ago, Frobby said:

FWIW, Koby Perez was hired 1/2/19.    Might be worth noting on your chart.   Looks like we signed 2 guys after Elias was hired but before Perez was hired.    Have to wonder if those two were in the works before Elias arrived, as I can’t imagine he was doing anything on the international front other than looking for an international scouting director.   

Or he knew of them, and had established relationships with them already. Did the Astros have money left?

17 minutes ago, cboemmeljr said:

DSL Orioles 2 lost to DSL Philadelphis Red 4-3 in 11 innings

BOX SCORE

DSL Orioles 1 won 11-5 over the DSL Diamondbacks

BOX SCORE

Stiven Acevedo went 1 for 5 with 1 run scored.  Batting .333 on the season.

First win for one of our DSL teams this year.   

By the way, gotta love that box score.   DSL O’s 1 scored 11 runs, 3 of them earned, as the DBacks made 6 errors.    Ah, DSL ball.

• Like 1

Gomez (17), Acevedo (16), Bellony (17), and Cruz (18) batting 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 5th are all off to solid starts, while De La Rosa (20) batting 4th is off to the best start of the group.  Sounds like a good group to follow.  My guess - from what I've read and gleaned is that Bellony and Acevedo are the ones to keep the closest eyes on.  

• Upvote 1