Dean Kremer 2019

Frobby

2 minutes ago, LookinUp said:

It's ridiculous because of everything you pointed out, but it's also ridiculous because he didn't get "shelled." He gave up 3 in the first and 1 in the 5th. Nobody had any reports on what happened in the first, but getting hit in the first is common. Having it happen to a guy who's just back from rehab can't be surprising.

Rather than hyperventilating over every start, I say we give the kid 5 minutes to get his legs under him and start his thing again. Tony/Luke listed him as our #3 prospect last year. That's high praise and they know much more than the aforementioned poster.

Agreed.  I think Kremer will be just fine.  The K numbers are there for sure.  I am hoping he is a mid-rotation starter when the Orioles' rebuild has hopefully paid off.

1 hour ago, Yardball85 said:

Sorry, but this is such a ridiculous post.  It has been 10 months since the Orioles traded Machado, Gausman, and Britton.  By many accounts, Kremer has looked good, looked good last year, and has had two poor starts in Bowie after missing most of Spring Training.

As Drungo pointed out in another thread, your obsession with being contrarian is growing tired.  

It is absurd to suggest that the Orioles got nothing in their trade of TEN MONTHS after the trades happened. ABSURD.

Run down the players and none of them have had success this year other than Pop who is having Tommy John surgery I believe.  Dillon Tate has a 6.75 ERA in AA.  Diaz has been awful since he got here. Valera released.   Encarncion .576 OPS in low A.  Brett Cumberland 24 and .673 OPS at Bowie. Evan Phillips 10 era in the majors.  Cody Carroll 26 hasn't pitched this year after getting hammered last year. Josh Rodgers 10 ERA at Norfolk. Ortiz 7.26 ERA at Norfolk.  Carmona hasn't played this year.  

On the good side Bannon .738 OPS at Bowie but has been struggling of late.  Bannon ceiling is utility infielder according to mlb.com. Zimmerman 24 is having succss in Bowie this year.  2.94 ERA.  

• Downvote 2

3 minutes ago, atomic said:

Run down the players and none of them have had success this year other than Pop who is having Tommy John surgery I believe.  Dillon Tate has a 6.75 ERA in AA.  Diaz has been awful since he got here. Valera released.   Encarncion .576 OPS in low A.  Brett Cumberland 24 and .673 OPS at Bowie. Evan Phillips 10 era in the majors.  Cody Carroll 26 hasn't pitched this year after getting hammered last year. Josh Rodgers 10 ERA at Norfolk. Ortiz 7.26 ERA at Norfolk.  Carmona hasn't played this year.  

On the good side Bannon .738 OPS at Bowie but has been struggling of late.  Bannon ceiling is utility infielder according to mlb.com. Zimmerman 24 is having succss in Bowie this year.  2.94 ERA.  

It's been ten months though (and what, four months of actual baseball?).  Everyone on here, including you, knew that we would not be able to fully evaluate the  success of the 2018 sell off until years later.  

4 minutes ago, Yardball85 said:

It's been ten months though (and what, four months of actual baseball?).  Everyone on here, including you, knew that we would not be able to fully evaluate the  success of the 2018 sell off until years later.  

The sell off is what it is. They don't usually go well and I'm not assuming that this one will net out all that good either. However, Diaz and Kremer alone could make it "ok" if they develop. Dumping on either is uninformed. 

7 minutes ago, LookinUp said:

The sell off is what it is. They don't usually go well and I'm not assuming that this one will net out all that good either. However, Diaz and Kremer alone could make it "ok" if they develop. Dumping on either is uninformed. 

Villar seems like a solid pick up too, especially if they can turn him into something.  We were all underwhelmed by the Gausman trade, so no surprises there.

23 minutes ago, Yardball85 said:

Villar seems like a solid pick up too, especially if they can turn him into something.  We were all underwhelmed by the Gausman trade, so no surprises there.

I have a hard time guessing what would be an acceptable return for Villar. He's a good, but not that good, middle infielder. What is that going to be worth at the deadline? Hopefully something useful.

On 5/30/2019 at 1:34 PM, Yardball85 said:

Villarr to Cubs seems like a no brainer type move they are getting nothing from 2nd base at all this season.  However the Cubs system is so barren I can’t gind anyone I would even want minus their top two guys who I doubt they move.  There is usually a guy or two that might not be ranked as highly but atleast intrigues me but I can’t find one for them.   Maybe a deal involving Abbot would work or Ademan but they may not want tomove the tools international signee.

On 6/4/2019 at 11:18 PM, bpilktree said:

Villarr to Cubs seems like a no brainer type move they are getting nothing from 2nd base at all this season.  However the Cubs system is so barren I can’t gind anyone I would even want minus their top two guys who I doubt they move.  There is usually a guy or two that might not be ranked as highly but atleast intrigues me but I can’t find one for them.   Maybe a deal involving Abbot would work or Ademan but they may not want tomove the tools international signee.

Addison Russel + some lower level pitching?