Dean Kremer 2019

Frobby

Is it fair to O's fans when Joey Rickard expands the strike zone batting with the bases loaded?

Is it fair to O's fans that Joey Rickard is in the lineup most days?  Don't we have like 57 OF prospects in the minors?  The Braves Inciarte gets injured, and they just bring up Austin Riley (who was hitting 2 homers seemingly every other game in AAA) to play LF.  Where's our Austin Riley?  We don't have one?  Well, how is that fair?  You might say it's foul.  Or not.        

8 minutes ago, jrobb21613 said:

If Kremer continues to dominate as he moves up through the Minors how soon do you think it’ll be before we see him with the Orioles? 

September would be my guesst, but perhaps sometime next year. 

I think Akin, Kremer, Lowther, and Zimmerman will all be in the picture for the starting rotation at the beginning of the 2020 season and at least two of them will get starts this year. 

10 hours ago, ChuckS said:

September would be my guesst, but perhaps sometime next year. 

I think Akin, Kremer, Lowther, and Zimmerman will all be in the picture for the starting rotation at the beginning of the 2020 season and at least two of them will get starts this year. 

I agree that two can/probably will get starts this year, but really doubt that Kremer is one of them. I think he'll start to accrue service time after whatever the cutoff date is next year. 

11 hours ago, Frobby said:

Pretty shaky AA debut: 4.1 IP, 7 H, 5 R, 5 ER, 3 BB, 5 K’s.    Still, glad to get him back there.    

I watched his 2nd and 3rd innings and his command really left him like I hadn't seen before. Hopefully it was just an off night or maybe even a dead arm period since he missed most of spring training. I did hear that he hit 96 MPH on the stadium gun in the 1st inning, so maybe just some fatigued afterwards or just a night when he didn't have command.