Another rainout

eddie83

5 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

It would be fun to have a couple of non-contenders with rainouts play a single-admission triple header. Two extra roster spots. Start at 11.30 or noon and play into the night. 

You know that the player's union would not be happy about not letting players go whoring before their next game.

giphy.gif

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, spiritof66 said:

It would be fun to have a couple of non-contenders with rainouts play a single-admission triple header. Two extra roster spots. Start at 11.30 or noon and play into the night. 

I dont think.going to a triple header would be fun to watch.

1 hour ago, JR Oriole said:

I feel like we have a ton of rainouts and rain delays each year.  Have to look at the stats to see if we have more than most.  Feels that way.

The northeast is maybe the most susceptible to rainouts and we play a lot of games there. 

10 hours ago, Spy Fox said:

The northeast is maybe the most susceptible to rainouts and we play a lot of games there. 

Been that way for many decades and will continue.

I don't see them building retractable roof tops for the stadiums, as the cost isn't worth the ROI for not having rain cancellations/postponements.

1 minute ago, Redskins Rick said:

Been that way for many decades and will continue.

I don't see them building retractable roof tops for the stadiums, as the cost isn't worth the ROI for not having rain cancellations/postponements.

The new Globe Life field opens next year with a retractable roof. It's the coolest project and probably most challenging project I've worked on.

Webcam: https://www.mlb.com/rangers/ballpark/globe-life-field/webcam

5 minutes ago, ChrisP said:

The new Globe Life field opens next year with a retractable roof. It's the coolest project and probably most challenging project I've worked on.

Webcam: https://www.mlb.com/rangers/ballpark/globe-life-field/webcam

6 out of 30 stadiums is a pretty small number.

Hard enough to ask the tax payers to cough up enough for the stadium and open air one.

12 hours ago, JR Oriole said:

I feel like we have a ton of rainouts and rain delays each year.  Have to look at the stats to see if we have more than most.  Feels that way.

It's been an exceptionally wet year.  I saw a few days ago that in DC, the previous 365 days were the wettest 365 day period ever recorded.

28 minutes ago, SteveA said:

It's been an exceptionally wet year.  I saw a few days ago that in DC, the previous 365 days were the wettest 365 day period ever recorded.

Not just in Maryland, it was pretty wet in a bunch of places. can we blame global warming? :)

18 minutes ago, TheThinkingOriole said:

The proper nomenclature is climate change, and I do blame it.

11 minutes ago, Tx Oriole said:

Not me.

Yeah, I’m pretty sure Tony is not going to permit a debate on climate change.    I have strong feelings on this but will keep them to myself.  

That said, April was not an overly rainy month in the Baltimore area.  May has been a lot worse.    But as to attendance, a lot depends on exactly what time it rains or is threatening to rain.   So total rainfall doesn’t necessarily tell the story.   

5 hours ago, Redskins Rick said:

I remember a 4 header long time ago. They started out at the Shorebirds for a few innings like 9 AM, then to Bowie, then to the Keys and ended up at OPCY for the night game.

Wait. People are just going to let this post past without challenging it? I call ...

Just kidding. I wouldn't have responded at all if this message board had a "Wow!" vote. That's a lot of baseball and travel in one day.

Archived