New Rosenthal article on Orioles woes

Going Underground

1 minute ago, CallMeBrooksie said:

I'm glad you acknowledge that he's not just picking on the O's here, but it doesn't change the fact that I disagree strongly with the rest of your post regarding outside media being critical.

O's fans are very accustomed to a local media that holds the company line. Here's a guy who's peeked behind the curtain and has a different story to tell. I think it would be foolish to dismiss it just because he's not here physically anymore.

Dismiss it because, he is trolling the fan, and he has succeeded.

He didnt say one new thing in the whole article, did he?

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Redskins Rick said:

Now, the area around Hopkins is a different story, but its a work in progress. Just taking a long time.

Hospital you mean not the university? Woodberry, Locust Point and soon Port Covington are also in good shape. Need to really get the crime and corruption down and the image .

Just now, Going Underground said:

Hospital you mean not the university? Woodberry, Locust Point and soon Port Covington are also in good shape. Need to really get the crime and corruption down and the image .

Your right, the Hospital and that school next door. My bad.

Armed cops at the hosptal doors and walking the halls, and the staff still feels uneasy at times.

I read it yesterday. Basically just a summary of the Orioles issues that anyone on here could write. 

The one thing I don’t understand is why the Orioles will not just name someone to take over for Peter. Don’t get that whole situation. Are they trying to be difficult?

Ill be curious what improvements they make to OPACY down the road. I’m sure that part of the lease agreement will be reducing capacity. 

18 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

I read it yesterday. Basically just a summary of the Orioles issues that anyone on here could write. 

The one thing I don’t understand is why the Orioles will not just name someone to take over for Peter. Don’t get that whole situation. Are they trying to be difficult?

Ill be curious what improvements they make to OPACY down the road. I’m sure that part of the lease agreement will be reducing capacity. 

Team officials have talked informally with the authority about the possibility of removing terrace box seats to open up field views, he said.

"We really haven't done a deep dive on what that might cost," Frenz said. "I think it would be depending on the scope."

But Frenz and a team official said the discussions are very preliminary and nothing specific is planned. While the club is constantly studying the state-of-the-art in ballpark and other entertainment venue developments, it hasn't hired an architect to develop plans, according to an Orioles official.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/business/bs-bz-camden-yards-future-20150824-story.html

53 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Winning cures everything.

No pressure, Elias.  

Yeah people weren't "afraid for their safety" when they brought out the crowd volume analyzers in the ALCS. 

Nor are they afraid for the safety when they pack Ravens games. 

The team sucks! That's it! 

1 hour ago, CallMeBrooksie said:

I'm glad you acknowledge that he's not just picking on the O's here, but it doesn't change the fact that I disagree strongly with the rest of your post regarding outside media being critical.

O's fans are very accustomed to a local media that holds the company line. Here's a guy who's peeked behind the curtain and has a different story to tell. I think it would be foolish to dismiss it just because he's not here physically anymore.

OMG...please let me rephrase so I am clear...

I normally do not like hearing negative things about my team, but most of the stuff that Rosenthal stated in his article are spot on and as an Orioles fan, I am annoyed that our franchise is still making the same decisions over and over for the past 30 years.  

Just now, Tx Oriole said:

I hope you are right.

look at the overall body of MLB governing and all the clowns they have approved as owners.

they are worried about making money.

does mlb make poor decisions, of course, but not sure I see them getting this involved.

Baltimore is making money, they do not have to loan them money to make payroll.

1 minute ago, Dipper9 said:

OMG...please let me rephrase so I am clear...

I normally do not like hearing negative things about my team, but most of the stuff that Rosenthal stated in his article are spot on and as an Orioles fan, I am annoyed that our franchise is still making the same decisions over and over for the past 30 years.  

Is the Orioles now in the International market?

Do they have scouts and people making contacts in the latin baseball world?

Are they returning phone calls and talking to Tony-OH?

This is not the same Oriole org from 30 years ago.

13 minutes ago, interloper said:

Yeah people weren't "afraid for their safety" when they brought out the crowd volume analyzers in the ALCS. 

Nor are they afraid for the safety when they pack Ravens games. 

The team sucks! That's it! 

Ask the area restaurants if the fans fear for their safety.  Ask Rob Long and Ed Norris, guys who have lived in the city for years and now only go to certain places.  I personally am not afraid to go to Orioles or Ravens games, but I don't go to restaurants or any other areas in the city anymore.  Some people need to realize that just because you PERSONALLY are not afraid, you do not speak for everyone.  

3 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

Is the Orioles now in the International market?

Do they have scouts and people making contacts in the latin baseball world?

Are they returning phone calls and talking to Tony-OH?

This is not the same Oriole org from 30 years ago.

We have yet to show evidence of 1 and 2.  

I am confident in Elias and the new owners, but things like refusing to tell the league who is in charge is just stubbornness and reeks of the same old, same old. 

But I'm on your side Rick...I do think things are slowly improving and within 5 years I think the stink of the past will be forgotten, or at least repressed. 

Archived