Can we see Stewart, Cisco, Mountcastle instead of Martin, Severino, and Rickard?

DocJJ

5 minutes ago, WalkWithElias said:

At what point does OH send out a message to all posters that his name is spelled Sisco? It's amazing he's been in the system for 6 years and considered among our best prospects the entire time and some still can't spell his name correctly. 

Wait until everyone goes crazy over the number 1 pick: Aubrey Rauckman.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, interloper said:

No. No you cannot. Maybe Stewart soon. TRUST THE PROCESS.

Sisco and Mountcastle are simply not ready. You have to leave them down there to cook properly. The fact that Sisco is having any success right now is a bit of a miracle, for one. But he still can't throw people out with any consistency. Do you really want to watch another poor defensive catcher? I sure don't. 

Mountcastle is 22 and doing great, but he's learning a new position and it's only been 160 AB. He's your best hitter and you don't want to screw him up. 

You think more time at Norfolk is going to improve his throwing?

Why?

2 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Please explain why you think Stewart would benefit more from playing in Norfolk over returning to the majors.  

What parts of his game need to be "fully developed" and how is Norfolk better able to facilitate that development?

I’m know great evaluator of talent and am not qualified enough to determine where he is ready or what further development is needed but before he was promoted last year he had a pretty horrendous stat line at Norfolk batting only .235/.329/. 387 with 12hr’s 103k’s in 421 at bats imo based off those numbers he wasn’t deserving of getting called up. So far this year his numbers are trending up wards .291/.404/.575 8hr 22k in 127 at bats those numbers are really benefiting from a great May. I think he would benefit staying In Norfolk and building on this small sample size of success he’s having because before this year he has yet to show he can consistently put up good numbers at the plate above dbl AA and I’m afraid if he comes up now he’s not going to play everyday which would only hurt him at least in Norfolk he’s getting everyday at bats. I’m not sure but I think he might be overmatched in the big leagues right now because outside of one good month he hasn’t shown anything that would suggest otherwise and I don’t think one good month is worthy of a promotion to the show. So I say let’s let him continue to hone his skills and work on whatever it is the club has him working on and maybe July if he’s hitting the cover off the ball and he’s showing he’s no longer being challenged in AAA then I’d bring him up but like I said I wouldn’t do it now based off one good month. 

At the end of the day I trust Elias, Sig and the rest of the staff have a plan and/or process that they will follow and I’m quite okay with putting my faith/trust in them and I’m just going to enjoy watching it all play out.

Honestly, I want to see Mountcastle now, but I understand him being slow played. That said, I'd really like to see Sisco and Stewart back up in the Majors. I'd also like to see Mason Williams.

If it were me (and it's not, probably for good reason) I would replace Rickard, Nunez and Wynns with Williams, Stewart and Sisco. I'd like to see a Sisco/Severino combo behind the plate. I understand the defensive issues with Sisco, but I'd like to see him work on it here and if he can't hack it behind the plate, hopefully, he can at least show some promise beside it. I'd like to see Smith, Williams and Stewart as the primary OF with Wilkerson moving all around the field. I'd like to see Mancini entrenched at first with Davis spelling him occasionally when he slides to DH. I'm okay with the Villar, Alberto, Martin juggling up the middle for now and Rio Ruiz at 3B (again, for now).

I'd also like to see Akin get a chance here soon. Means has been great. Bundy has shown the occasional flashes. And Cashner has been as good as he could have hoped, but with Cobb out, Straily struggling and Hess having more issues with the homer than Bundy, there's a spot for Akin to get a look.

You guys do realize that the only thing they're playing for is another #1 pick this season right? The only time you're going to see these players called up is in September after the Orioles have the worst record in baseball all but locked up. #reality 

5 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

You guys do realize that the only thing they're playing for is another #1 pick this season right? The only time you're going to see these players called up is in September after the Orioles have the worst record in baseball all but locked up. #reality 

At least for any prospects Elias and Sig value. They are not going to start service clocks on a 110 loss team. 

41 minutes ago, WalkWithElias said:

At what point does OH send out a message to all posters that his name is spelled Sisco? It's amazing he's been in the system for 6 years and considered among our best prospects the entire time and some still can't spell his name correctly. 

Matt Weiters says hello.  

53 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

In all honesty my hope for Sisco is an extra player off the bench. If they can ever build a pitching staff he could be the 3rd catcher and extra player with a 5 man bench. 

I don’t think Rutschman has anything to do with how they will develop Sisco. 

Not sure I agree with the last sentence, but regardless of the pick isn't it time, or real close to being time, to make a decision about Sisco's future as a catcher?

If the Orioles see Sisco the way you do, to me that's saying he can't catch and/or throw well enough to be a ML catcher. If that's the case, shouldn't Sisco try to learn another position where he can fill in? (Maybe that has to happen in the off-season.) Even with a 26-man roster, it will be hard with this team's inefficient starting pitching to carry three cathers who can play only there or DH -- as if we needed more DH types. If Sisco comes up as a backup catcher only, we're less likely to find out whether he can has value offensively, with the Orioles or elsewhere.

42 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Wait until everyone goes crazy over the number 1 pick: Aubrey Rauckman.

The problems I'm having with Rutschman remind me of my difficulty spelling Wieters' name -- i before e, or e before i? -- for what seems like years. I'm good with Witt, though.  

11 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

Not sure I agree with the last sentence, but regardless of the pick isn't it time, or real close to being time, to make a decision about Sisco's future as a catcher?

If the Orioles see Sisco the way you do, to me that's saying he can't catch and/or throw well enough to be a ML catcher. If that's the case, shouldn't Sisco try to learn another position where he can fill in? (Maybe that has to happen in the off-season.) Even with a 26-man roster, it will be hard with this team's inefficient starting pitching to carry three cathers who can play only there or DH -- as if we needed more DH types. If Sisco comes up as a backup catcher only, we're less likely to find out whether he can has value offensively, with the Orioles or elsewhere.

If that is the case they need to work a trade out with a team that doesn't feel that way.  Maybe one that realizes how little impact the running game has on runs scored.

Archived