Yefry Ramirez Traded

Greg Pappas

1 minute ago, Philip said:

I did not know that, thank you for the clarification. I thought that when he was DFA-ed, He instantly went on waivers, which was a 10 day period during which he could be traded while going through the waiver process.

So you’re saying that when he’s designated there is a period of time only for trading or not trading, after which he goes to the waiver process?

That kind of begs the question of why didn’t we get more if they wanted him so bad? It also begs the question of why in God’s name did they want him so bad?

That is how I believe it works, yes.

Who said they wanted him "bad".   They wanted enough to give us a player to be named later or cash considerations.

11 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Ramirez did not go through waivers.  The O's traded him instead.   The Pirates wanted him so bad they out bid the other 29 teams to get him.

They wanted him so bad? It cost them....a ptbnl or cash.   Yep, 28 other teams said, "Too rich for my blood."

11 minutes ago, wildcard said:

We don't know how much cash or what player to be named later.

All we know is the O's realized from the interest of other clubs after he was DFA'd that he would not make it through waivers.

Meh, no loss either way. Though what the Pirates saw I couldn’t say.  

• 2 months later...

I saw Ramirez’s name on Norfolk’s stat sheet today and got curious how he was doing since we traded him.   5.54 ERA in 39 innings for the Pirates’ AAA affiliate, and one outing with the Pirates where he allowed 5 runs (3 earned) in 3.2 innings.    

5 hours ago, Frobby said:

I saw Ramirez’s name on Norfolk’s stat sheet today and got curious how he was doing since we traded him.   5.54 ERA in 39 innings for the Pirates’ AAA affiliate, and one outing with the Pirates where he allowed 5 runs (3 earned) in 3.2 innings.    

Didn't think he was a big loss.  Glad I was correct.  Ain't that right, @wildcard?