vs. RANGERS, 6/04

OFFNY

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, O's84 said:

Love them base clearing doubles.

Me too.  Almost as much as a grand slam.  With a grand slam, there's a sense of...well, that sucked, but the bases are clear and let's just get out of here.  And the pitcher can go from the full windup.

A bases loaded double...that sucked but there's STILL a runner in scoring position.  The pressure doesn't really let up.

We may win!

I’ve seen several Oriole-Ranger games over the years in Arlington and the Orioles have always, every single time, lost.

The first one I saw was in 2012, and Adrian Beltre hit three homeruns. The very next night Chris Davis hit three homeruns, and I think I remember that that’s the only time in major league history that has happened.

28 minutes ago, Philip said:

Its a total experience. But I’m not missing anything. Except when I had to stand in line for nachos...and they were BAD nachos 

Back in the 80s, when Brooksie still did commentary on the televised games with Chuck Thompson, whenever there would be a televised game from Texas, Brooks would get the nachos and rave about how great they were.

3 minutes ago, Philip said:

Sisco is in the dugout. I hope he gets to play tonight, but Severino is doing great.

We're facing another LHP tomorrow, so we might not see Sisco until the final game Thursday.

Which will be our last game ever in the old ballpark in Arlington.

Just now, SteveA said:

We're facing another LHP tomorrow, so we might not see Sisco until the final game Thursday.

Stop, I’m getting all misty.

1 minute ago, SteveA said:

This is an absolutely beautiful ball park I think it is apalling that they’re tearing down something it’s only 20 or so years old that the city paid for, and making the city by them another one a couple of hundred yards away. I think it’s just awful. 

Archived