Franchise Expectations Over the Next Four Years

Greg Pappas

1 hour ago, Bradysburns said:

I could see Hunter moving to the bullpen at some point. He could be really good there. 

With his injury history, I can't really see him lasting as a starter for any length of time - if he ever even makes it back to MLB.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, theocean said:

With his injury history, I can't really see him lasting as a starter for any length of time - if he ever even makes it back to MLB.

I think there are a lot of pitchers who'd do better under the conditions of the deadball era.  Sure, you might be asked to throw 350 innings in a season, but most of that is at 70% effort.  Throwing a baseball, even a lot, isn't that damaging.  You can play catch with your old man forever.  It's throwing a baseball really, really hard a lot that's a problem.

22 hours ago, Frobby said:

“Never?”    That remains to be seen.   He’s certainly not even remotely ready to contribute to the major league team.    But he’s looking healthy and still has a premium fastball.   Hopefully he will stay healthy and make progress in the remainder of the season.   He’s had several good games, he’s just been completely inconsistent from one start to the next.   

He is 24 in AA with a BAA of .302, a WHIP of 1.62, and has allowed 14 HRs in 50 innings. If he was healthy and had a "premium" fastball those would not be his stats.

28 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

He is 24 in AA with a BAA of .302, a WHIP of 1.62, and has allowed 14 HRs in 50 innings. If he was healthy and had a "premium" fastball those would not be his stats.

I’m just going off the reports I’ve read about his fastball.   I certainly haven’t seen the guy pitch.  As I noted in another thread, over his last 8 starts he’s been brilliant in 4 of them, and absolutely awful in the other 4, literally alternating between those two results.    Let’s just hope we continue to see the very good outings and that the terrible outings become less frequent and less terrible.    

Archived