Hyde postgame

eddie83

5 hours ago, El_Duderino said:

You have to 80 in 2 minutes to get a perfect score. I’ve seen plenty of dudes rip off that 80 in a minute. No real point in going past that but it’s  definitely doable.

Never said it wasn't possible.  Just that, like you, I've never seen anyone actually do it.

i will say that no one in my basic was knocking out 80 after four weeks.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I think Mullins is decent getting to the ball, but he has one of the worst outfield arms I’ve ever seen. Having a hard time thinking of someone worse. 

Mickey Rivers was pretty bad at throwing the ball.

I like Hyde. He is absolutely right, when we have the talent level of a .300 team, our identity needs to come from hustle and doing the small things right. Guys who can't get focused in a close game against the Red Sox need to be held accountable. If the Sox are beating us in hustle as well as talent, there is just no way for us to win.

10 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

I like Hyde. He is absolutely right, when we have the talent level of a .300 team, our identity needs to come from hustle and doing the small things right. Guys who can't get focused in a close game against the Red Sox need to be held accountable. If the Sox are beating us in hustle as well as talent, there is just no way for us to win.

How do you hold them accountable? What penalties are there for sloppy play? It has been said that Hyde has no power to send anyone down, and we’ve seen he doesn’t pull anyone during a game, so what can he do?

9 minutes ago, Philip said:

How do you hold them accountable? What penalties are there for sloppy play? It has been said that Hyde has no power to send anyone down, and we’ve seen he doesn’t pull anyone during a game, so what can he do?

At the very least, Broxton should get a day off. Maybe the rest could help his focus, and he could use the day off to practice counting to 3.

If these players can not get a focus for Red Soxs (Defending World Champs), New York Yankees (Division Leaders) and Tampa Bay (Wild card and Division Hunt) then they are not keepers or future players for this team.  As Hyde related this saying" I’m going to steal a Joe Maddon term here I heard when he got to Tampa - we’re taking inventory of what we have,” Hyde said. “That’s the way to look at it is we’re taking inventory of the players that we have, who’s going to be around for us when we’re good. Just evaluating our players."   These players need to be told EVERY DAY that IF you can not play for a last place team, very few contenders will ever have interest in you either.

28 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

At the very least, Broxton should get a day off. Maybe the rest could help his focus, and he could use the day off to practice counting to 3.

Broxton is in the lineup today.Heard  he had a sit down with the Count from Sesame Street. All is good now  

Not sure why Sisco is not playing in this series.

54 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Broxton is in the lineup today.Heard  he had a sit down with the Count from Sesame Street. All is good now  

Not sure why Sisco is not playing in this series.

Certainly odd to have Severino catching a day game after a night game.

I understand the Taking Inventory term and keep the ones who are good, but so few are good on this roster, I could not in all honesty call them a team. because for it to really be a team there should be teamwork in the games, and  so Maddons comment, while generally a good one, for this group of people has to be taken with a huge  grain of salt.  

Archived