2019 All-Star Game Thread

OFFNY

o

Justin Verlander leads the Major Leagues in Home Runs Ceded (26), but he also leads the Major Leagues in WHIP (0.813) and the American League in Hits-Per-9 Innings (5.400) ......... hence, I would presume that that is part of the reason for his very solid ERA of 2.98 (he gives up round-trippers, but not a lot of base-runners.)

NATIONAL LEAGUE

Christian Yelich - LF

Ednel Javier Baez - SS

Freddie Freeman - 1B

Cody James "C.J." Bellinger - RF

Nolan Arenado - 3B

Joshua Evan Jose Bell - DH

Willson Contreras - C

Ketel Ricardo Marte Valdez - 2B

Ronald Jose Acuna Blanco, Jr. - CF

류현진 - LHP )) (10-2, 1.73 ERA) ) *

* )) Leads the Major Leagues in ERA (1.73), ERA+ (241), CG-Shutouts (1), Walks-Per-9 Innings (0.826), and  Strikeouts-to-Walks Ratio (9.900), and Leads the National League in Wins (10) and WHIP (0.908)

AMERICAN LEAGUE

George Chelston Springer III - RF

David John LeMahieu - 2B

Michael Trout - CF

Carlos Santana - 1B

Julio Daniel Martinez - DH

Alexander Bregman - 3B

Gary Sanchez - C

Michael Charles Brantley, Jr. - LF

Jorge Luis Pacheco Polanco - SS

Justin Brooks "J.B." Verlander - RHP )) (10-4, 2.98 ERA) ) * 

* )) Leads the Major Leagues in WHIP (0.813) and Home Runs Ceded (26), and Leads the American League in Hits-Per-9 Innings (5.400)

https://www.baseballpress.com/lineups

o

Just now, BarclaySouthway said:

Not sure if this goes here, but that was an absolutely awesome display of pure power by Vlad Jr. in the home run derby.

I guess I could act offended that a rookie with an OPS+ of 100 and 225 career at bats is in the derby over say Shohei Ohtani (142 OPS+).

Was just watching some MASN clips from before and after the last couple games. Hyde talking pre-game Sunday about the last couple games, talking about Aaron Brooks, Cash talking about his last killer start, Wojo (still don't know how to spell it...) talking about his couple starts and how he thinks he'll get more starts.

John Means, talking about finally breaking thru from 5 inning starts to 7 innings, (Wednesday?) Got to wondering if he gets in the game (He and Aroldis Chapman are the only two leftys on the AL squad, so he'll almost certainly pitch) how he's going to do facing an All-Star lineup. Who he'll face. Maybe he'll face Manny (among others...)

Did Manny make the NL squad? I don't even know.

Anyways, my stream of consciousness post about John Means and the AS game.  Hope he kills! Wish I could watch it.

• Like 1

This is the vid on MASN I was actually looking for. Popped up on my suggesties tonight on my lunch break, didn't have time to watch it. Late last year and the spectacular Bobby Dickerson coaching Nunez on tagging at 3B. Great stuff!

8 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

I guess I could act offended that a rookie with an OPS+ of 100 and 225 career at bats is in the derby over say Shohei Ohtani (142 OPS+).

I'm just Vlad that it's over, and that they didn't risk lousing up Ohtani in the stupid Derby.

Imagine if Baltimore would have been selected for the All Star Game

First All Star Game ever cancelled

Multiple massive water main breaks

Tunnel fire that has one of largest intersections in the city closed all day

What a mess, not sure BMore will ever see another MLB All Star Game

On 7/7/2019 at 6:06 PM, OFFNY said:

o

NATIONAL LEAGUE

류현진 - LHP )) (10-2, 1.73 ERA) ) *

* )) Leads the Major Leagues in ERA (1.73), ERA+ (241), CG-Shutouts (1), Walks-Per-9 Innings (0.826), and  Strikeouts-to-Walks Ratio (9.900), and Leads the National League in Wins (10) and WHIP (0.908)

o

o

How a Rebuilt Ryu Reinvented Himself to Become MLB's Most Dominant Pitcher

(By Alden Gonzalez)

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/27148935/how-rebuilt-ryu-reinvented-become-mlb-most-dominant-pitcher

o