The upcoming 2nd half: What are you looking forward to? (no trades)

Moose Milligan

Title is pretty simple, but no potential trade talk.  Use one of the other threads if you're going to speculate the massive haul we should be getting for Cashner or why Mancini deserves top 100 prospects in return.

What are you looking for from this team in the 2nd half?  Anything from player performance to guys in the minors, it all goes here.

Its a good question Moose.     

1) John Means continue doing what he is doing for a whole season.

2) Santander gets everyday at bats and see what he can do with them.

3) Mancini if he stays having a great offensive season.

4) Hays to get well, play well at AAA and become a regular in center for the O's.

5) What Elias and Hyde is going to do with the pen.   Hyde sounds like he is getting down right pissed with what they are giving him.  We may see some surprising changes there.

Here is what I don't what to see:

No Mountcastle, Akin,  Harvey, Kremer or Tate in the majors this season.   Save them for two weeks into next season.

Don't option Smith.  He only has one option left and I want to use that next season.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, wildcard said:

Its as good question Moose.     

1) John Means continue doing what he is doing for a whole season.

2) Santander gets everyday at bats and see what he can do with them.

3) Mancini if he stays having a great offensive season.

4) What Elias and Hyde is going to do with the pen.   Hyde sounds like he is getting down right pissed with what they are giving him.  We may see some surprising changes there.

Here is what I don't what to see:

No Mountcastle, Akin,  Harvey, Kremer or Tate in the majors this season.   Save them for two weeks into next season.

Don't option Smith.  He only has one option left and I want to use that next season.

You would use a 40 man slot on Tate without seeing what he can do in the majors?  And why two weeks?  Are you seriously contemplating using service time manipulation on Tate?  Do you think once Tate hits the majors he's here to stay? 

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

You would use a 40 man slot on Tate without seeing what he can do in the majors?  And why two weeks?  Are you seriously contemplating using service time manipulation on Tate?  Do you think once Tate hits the majors he's here to stay? 

They have changed both Harvey and Tate from starters to relievers.  And they are both doing well.   They both were thought to have talent as first round draft choice.  I don't know what either will do in the majors but since this is a through away season might as well set them up to be here for the long term.  Then see what happens.

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Title is pretty simple, but no potential trade talk. Use one of the other threads if you're going to speculate the massive haul we should be getting for Cashner, or why Mancini deserves Top-100 Prospects in return.

What are you looking for from this team in the 2nd half ???  Anything from player performance to guys in the Minors, it all goes here.

o

Continuing to win games which are started by Cashner and Means ........ and sometimes games which are started by Bundy, too.

It would be kind of hilarious if Cashner wound up winning 17 or 18 games for a team that lost well over 100 ........ not quite as extreme as Steve Carlton and the 1972 Phillies, but enough to keep me entertained and amused.

o

1 minute ago, wildcard said:

They have changed both Harvey and Tate from starters to relievers.  And they are both doing well.   They both were thought to have talent as first round draft choice.  I don't know what either will do in the majors but since this is a through away season might as well set them up to be here for the long term.  Then see what happens.

I'm just want to be sure of what your views are.

You would burn a 40 man roster spot on Tate during the offseason without seeing what he could do in the majors?  Even though he's already on the 40.

You would seek to manipulate a bullpen guy's service time?

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'm just want to be sure of what your views are.

You would burn a 40 man roster spot on Tate during the offseason without seeing what he could do in the majors?  Even though he's already on the 40.

You would seek to manipulate a bullpen guy's service time?

Tate has not played a day at AAA yet. Elias has shown he likes to fully develop players at each level.   If you call that manipulation take it up with Elias.

2 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Tate has not played a day at AAA yet. Elias has shown he likes to fully develop players at each level.   If you call that manipulation take it up with Elias.

Why are you bringing Elias up?

I asked why you would want to wait two weeks into next season to promote Tate.

I can't think of anything more useless to worry about than Dillion Tate's service time.

I'm not a big believer in switching guys from the rotation to the pen as a means of "fixing" what's wrong.  But if Tate has been good out of the pen, he's worth a look.  I'd like to see him this season if so.  

Sorry, CoC.  I know you hate Tate but if in fact he's good in the pen so far, we should take a look.