The upcoming 2nd half: What are you looking forward to? (no trades)

Moose Milligan

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Why are you bringing Elias up?

I asked why you would want to wait two weeks into next season to promote Tate.

I can't think of anything more useless to worry about than Dillion Tate's service time.

Maybe you have not heard.   Elias is running the team.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Sure glad we got that seventh year of team control for the dude that pitches the sixth inning when the starter can't go deep but we have the lead!

Do you remember what roles Darren O'Day and Brad Brach had for some of the best O's teams in the last 20 years?

26 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Its a good question Moose.     

1) John Means continue doing what he is doing for a whole season.

2) Santander gets everyday at bats and see what he can do with them.

3) Mancini if he stays having a great offensive season.

4) Hays to get well, play well at AAA and become a regular in center for the O's.

5) What Elias and Hyde is going to do with the pen.   Hyde sounds like he is getting down right pissed with what they are giving him.  We may see some surprising changes there.

Here is what I don't what to see:

No Mountcastle, Akin,  Harvey, Kremer or Tate in the majors this season.   Save them for two weeks into next season.

Don't option Smith.  He only has one option left and I want to use that next season.

Once again, I'm not talking Elias.  YOU said YOU don't want to see Tate until two weeks into next season.

Why did YOU say that YOU don't want him until two weeks into the season?

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

Once again, I'm not talking Elias.  YOU said YOU don't want to see Tate until two weeks into next season.

Why did YOU say that YOU don't want him until two weeks into the season?

Because that is the way I think Elias would play it if he runs the team that way he says he will.

7 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I'm not a big believer in switching guys from the rotation to the pen as a means of "fixing" what's wrong.  But if Tate has been good out of the pen, he's worth a look.  I'd like to see him this season if so.  

Sorry, CoC.  I know you hate Tate but if in fact he's good in the pen so far, we should take a look.

I'm the one arguing that we should see Tate this year if he keeps pitching well. 

Just now, wildcard said:

Because that is the way I think Elias would play it if he runs the team that way he says he will.

So you want to wait two weeks because you think that is what Elias wants?

I won't buy that for a dollar.

Also where did Elias state that he wants to manipulate a player's service time?  I'd just love to see that quote.

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

I agree, I know you hate him though :skeletor:

I don't hate him, he doesn't beat his father in law, he doesn't commit hate crimes, he doesn't hit judges.

I just don't think he's very good.  Heck if he turns out to be pretty good maybe I'll admit I'm wrong and make a special someone happy!

• Haha 1

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

So you want to wait two weeks because you think that is what Elias wants?

I won't buy that for a dollar.

Also where did Elias state that he wants to manipulate a player's service time?  I'd just love to see that quote.

He calls it development so the league will not fine him.  That is why Mountcastle and Akin has not been seen at all in the majors this year imo.  

Probably the same thing most people want to see: the gradual introduction of more guys who COULD be a part of the future getting a chance, like Sisco and Santander are now.  See what DJ Stewart can do this time around.  Watch pitchers move up and continue to succeed in our minors, even if none make it to Baltimore this year.

And yes, I want to win more games than last year.

And I'd like to see John Means continue to do well and compete for Rookie of the Year.

I'd like more of what we've seen the last week...a team that looks like a bad major league tram, but at least looks like a major league team.  More strikes thrown by pitchers.  I like it when today's Wojo outing (4 runs in 5 innings or something like that) is our worst start of the week.  Most weeks this year our worst start has been more like 7 runs allowed including 3 HRs, and a lot of weeks have two such starts.

And I'd like to see our horrific baserunning improve, whether by personnel changes or somehow the coaches getting through to guys.

And we end the season in Boston.  Wouldn't mind seeing us eliminate them on the last day of the season like 2011.

1 minute ago, wildcard said:

He calls it development so the league will not fine him.  That is why Mountcastle and Akin has not been seen at all in the majors this year imo.  

So it isn't the fact that Mountcastle is learning two new positions, isn't on the 40 man and is blocked?

6 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

So it isn't the fact that Mountcastle is learning two new positions, isn't on the 40 man and is blocked?

Not really.   Davis was not hitting and Mancini gets hurt.  So Hyde plays Nunez and Ruiz at 1B.   They  don't even talk about calling up Mountcastle even though he is hitting at AAA,  Nunez goes in a deep slump.  No call up for Mountcastle.   

The O's rotation sucks but Akin has not been called up once all season.

You don't like it but service time plays a role.  Just wait until ST when Mountcastle and Akin get sent to Norfolk for two weeks.  Then we can talk about that.

4 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Not really.   Davis was not hitting and Mancini gets hurt.  So Hyde plays Nunez and Ruiz at 1B.   They  don't even talk about calling up Mountcastle even though he is hitting at AAA,  Nunez goes in a deep slump.  No call up for Mountcastle.   

The O's rotation sucks but Akin has not been called up once all season.

You don't like it but service time plays a role.  Just wait until ST when Mountcastle and Akin get sent to Norfolk for two weeks.  Then we can talk about that.

Even if he does a relief pitcher?  Does anyone have an example of a relief pitched being held down for service time reasons?  Just send them down during the season when you need a fresh arm  It is just bizarre to speculate that service time would be an issue for Tate.

Tate has had his Options Clock ticking since he was placed on the Forty.  He will have used an option Year in 2019 with just two remaining.  His clock as far as service time can be manipulated by being Yo-yoed on the Norfolk Shuttle and not allowed to gather much service time.  If they are on the Forty, the clock is ticking.

• Upvote 1