Who is next?

mcloy

Cashner traded yesterday afternoon to Boston for prospects. A little over 2 weeks left until the deadline. Who is next to go if anyone? I don't see Bundy having much value return or fit for contenders right now, and I think O's hang on to Trey. IMO the logical choice is Givens. Obviously there is no rush to trade him, but the reliever market always picks up closer to the deadline. I know his ERA is a little bloated this year, but he's shown he can be a multi-inning option at some points with strong K numbers. What is an appropriate return for Givens?

1 minute ago, mdbdotcom said:

A couple of low level prospects.

Unfortunately outside of MAYBE Mancini this is all anyone will get us back. The only way I see us landing a top prospect is if there’s one Elias and get don’t value in the system that some other team does and they packaged him in with a player on the MLB roster. But that’s wishful thinking. 

5 minutes ago, Bmorebirds24 said:

Unfortunately outside of MAYBE Mancini this is all anyone will get us back. The only way I see us landing a top prospect is if there’s one Elias and get don’t value in the system that some other team does and they packaged him in with a player on the MLB roster. But that’s wishful thinking. 

Givens can bring back something.  Teams always need bullpen help and he striking out 12.8/9.  He's only making 2.15M and he's got two more years of team control.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

All I want back is 17 year old DSL prospects. 

You guys are gonna rue the day that Elias traded Cashner for two 17 year old DSL prospects because I'm just going to say thats all I want back in every make believe trade thread for the next year.  

And I don't just want ANY 17 year old DSL prospects, I want ones with no video and no pictures and only murky scouting reports to further annoy everyone here.  I don't even want 17 year old DSL prospects that have been ranked on a 20-80 scale, I want as little information about these guys as possible.  Even what they signed for is maybe a little too much information but I don't see how that's avoidable.  

You could go next level and scour names from the rosters of the DSL teams.  For instance someone mentions the Cardinals for Mancini, Bam, Engels Martinez and Yordy Richard. 

I'd bet on givens as next to go too. He's got control through 2022 and has solid strike out numbers. Keep an eye on the yankees who might lose chapman to FA.

I have a hunch Mancini goes because it would be selling high which is smart but not for the return some people expect

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bmorebirds24 said:

Mancini isn’t bringing back anything.  

If Cashner brought back X, can Givens be expected To bring back the same or more? He’s younger, cheaper, possibly better, and he would fill arguably a more important role.

On the other hand, he’s been pretty mediocre this season…