Who is next?

mcloy

1 hour ago, wildbillhiccup said:

I thought Elias hat carte blanche? There's no way he's writing off trading with a team if he thinks it will help improve our situation in 2-3 years. The Nationals could use both Mancini and Givens. They could play Mancini primarily at 1B and cut Parra. Any chance that package would be enough to net Kieboom? Not that it really matters for this team, but he's young and MLB ready (but blocked). 

Someone like Luis Garcia (SS) might interest Elias a bit more because he's younger (19). Last I checked he was ranked in the 60s on the top 100 prospect list. 

What if the Nationals won't trade with us?

41 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

So what does this mean , which he wrote earlier this morning? Is this cryptic code?

but there are the obvious challenges in getting the two sides to work out a deal. That’s a hard one to consummate.

consummate...is certainly an interesting choice of words. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, wildbillhiccup said:

Taking this comment with a grain of salt because I really don't think Roch's in the loop with the new regime. I can't think of a single story he's scooped since Elias took over. 

This is pretty harsh.  Rude, unnecessary and hyperbolic.  Downvote worthy imo.

• Downvote 1

14 minutes ago, AceKing said:

This is pretty harsh.  Rude, unnecessary and hyperbolic.  Downvote worthy imo.

Wow seriously? I didn't insult the man, I just stated a fact. A fact that I think most would agree with. Roch's role has definitely changed with the new regime. The majority of his social media posts are now about roster moves or game by game play by play. I don't remember seeing a single post about Cashner being traded before it happened. In years past I think he would have probably known that something was brewing, even if he didn't have all the details. It's pretty clear that the new regime is keeping that information close to the vest. 

I think the most likely to go is Villar. He's not part of the future and saves us a buck if we trade him. However, you could argue that we could tender him after the season and have him for another year at a not terrible salary, so maybe not.

Givens will somehow be most in demand. I wouldn't trade much for him because I don't trust him in high leverage circumstances, but others will probably over pay based on need and control of his next couple of years.

I doubt Mancini goes. He's cheap and liked and would likely require a return beyond that which teams are willing to offer. Just my guess.

I do think we have three dark horse trade candidates. Sisco, Severino and Nunez. Nunez could likely be had for one DSL guy that Koby Perez likes. Severino could be valuable to a playoff team in need of a catcher. Sisco too, but his bat, age/control are even more valuable and we all know who we just picked #1. 

If you told me that one of Villar or Givens is the only one not here in a couple of weeks, I'd believe it though.

I think Givens is the most logical guy who is up next and Villar is most likely the next guy on the pecking order. 

What will they get in return? I think you can get one B-level prospect or maybe a couple low level B-  type prospects for him. I do think he has value to a team looking for a 7th/8th inning high leverage guy.

I haven't done my homework on what contending teams could use a 2B/SS guy, so it really will depend on the need when it comes to the return. Villar gets a little expensive next year for a team that won't be contending, but I do think the team will want to be better next year so I'm not sure they are just going to give him away.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

I don't know, it's not like Givens is super dependable out there. Risk of Villar gaffe vs Givens meltdown is about even. I don't think there will be a big market for either guy but I think they will both move.

I think Givens is more likely to move then Villar. He makes too many stupid mistakes, and you just can’t fix stupid. That sounds like an Internet meme, but it’s really true. He will have a job for a while, but it won’t be with a good team, and it won’t be for a lot of money. 

Givens Certainly has some value, but not very much. I agree that he is pretty likely to be moved, simply because his future value is more from the return he would bring them from his own performance.

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

I think Givens is the most logical guy who is up next and Villar is most likely the next guy on the pecking order. 

What will they get in return? I think you can get one B-level prospect or maybe a couple low level B-  type prospects for him. I do think he has value to a team looking for a 7th/8th inning high leverage guy.

I haven't done my homework on what contending teams could use a 2B/SS guy, so it really will depend on the need when it comes to the return. Villar gets a little expensive next year for a team that won't be contending, but I do think the team will want to be better next year so I'm not sure they are just going to give him away.

We'd automatically have less dumb baserunning moments without Villar.  For a guy who's a good base stealer and seems to have a good head on his shoulders in the field, he doesn't have a clue sometimes on the bases.

19 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

He ain't wrong.  He didn't say anything insulting.

Roch is good at what he does.  And I like Roch.  But he's not the place to go for scoops.  

Roch Is actually not very good at reporting or interviewing, he’s good at sharing the news that management wants to share.

17 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

All I want back is 17 year old DSL prospects. 

You guys are gonna rue the day that Elias traded Cashner for two 17 year old DSL prospects because I'm just going to say thats all I want back in every make believe trade thread for the next year.  

And I don't just want ANY 17 year old DSL prospects, I want ones with no video and no pictures and only murky scouting reports to further annoy everyone here.  I don't even want 17 year old DSL prospects that have been ranked on a 20-80 scale, I want as little information about these guys as possible.  Even what they signed for is maybe a little too much information but I don't see how that's avoidable.  

I just want some International Bonus Pool money.

4 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

We'd automatically have less dumb baserunning moments without Villar.  For a guy who's a good base stealer and seems to have a good head on his shoulders in the field, he doesn't have a clue sometimes on the bases.

There is little doubt that Villar makes some mental mistakes on the bases. Saying that, if I need a second baseman for a run and I only had to give up a 8-12 prospects in my system then I'd probably make that move.

• Upvote 3